It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Question about my girlfriend...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2004, 12:10 PM   #1
sat0shi

sat0shi HB User
Question about my girlfriend...

Hi everyone, this is my first time here. I have a quick question to ask about a problem my girlfriend had/is having. We've been dating for about 4 months now, and our relationship has progressed fairly quickly. We haven't had sex yet, but we've both been talking about it. Unfortunately, my girlfriend had a bad experience with her last boyfriend. She was kind of forced into having sex with him when she didn't really want to. Anyway, she thinks she got a venereal disease from him. But the odd thing is, the first time they did anything sexual, he only fingered her. But after he did this, she told me that her vaginal area was inflammated and was very very painful. She went to the doctor and was given some sort of ointment and she said that it solved the problem. But the next time they did something, they did actually have sex. This time, her vaginal area became inflammated again and hurt much much worse. She told me she felt like she was going to die it hurt so bad. She went to the hospital and got the same ointment and again the problem was solved. She forgot the name of the disease, as she really doesn't want to remember this experience at all. The doctor supposedly told her that she is OK now, but she is afraid to do anything sexual again, because she is scared that the same thing will happen. I am also worried about her health if she doesn't get treated but she doesn't want to see a doctor in America (she's Japanese, and doesn't speak very much English). She said she might go when she goes back to Japan with me but, this will be in May. Have any of you women experienced the same type of problem? Was it maybe because she was a virgin at the time? I can't seem to find any diseases with the same type of symptoms. She did not say anything about any kind of discharge or anything, only inflammation and severe pain. Any ideas are very much appreciated, and thanks for reading the long post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
kiki lou

kiki lou HB User
Re: Question about my girlfriend...

Sounds like she has a yeast infection that gets flared up with any type of activity/friction in the area. It can likely be cleared up easily with proper treatment. Urge her to go to another doctor.

kiki

Old 01-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #3
sat0shi

sat0shi HB User
Re: Question about my girlfriend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki lou
Sounds like she has a yeast infection that gets flared up with any type of activity/friction in the area. It can likely be cleared up easily with proper treatment. Urge her to go to another doctor.

kiki
Ah, kiki, thanks so much! This is what she has, I just realized. Yeast infection in japanese is kanjida chitsuen, and she told me that it started with ka--something. She couldn't remember though. Thanks so much, this is quite reassuring!

Closed Thread