It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

What is going on with me??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2004, 09:27 AM   #1
christianmomx4

christianmomx4 HB User
Question What is going on with me??

Hello...I am a 30yr old mother of 4 and I have been having problems bleeding irregularly now for about 4 months now. Last Tursday I had an internal ultrasound done and they stated that the linning in my uterus is "way too thick" and was curving towards my back, much larger then normal. They also stated that I have cysts on my ovaries larger then should for just ending my period. The largest was 20mm and it was on my Right ovary. They also saw what looked like a pylop in the linning... I go on Thursday for a saline ultrasound...I was told that this is when they fill the uterus up with saline and get a closer look. They also said that I will have a procedure where they will take a sample of the pylop and linning to do a byop on the tissue. My question is that...I am not sure what all this means...or what id even going on...some people say that a hystrorectomy is going to be the cure to what ever is going on. We are done having kids, but I don't want to have such a life changing procedure. Any insight would be greatful! Thank you...and sorry if I didnt speak too clearly with getting my story out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 08:19 PM   #2
ABC~Mom
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User
Re: What is going on with me??

my goodness...i hope everything works out for you ...i dont really have an answer but my mom had her hystrorectomy at 30 and is thankfull she did...really her recovery wasnt so bad...i hate to see that you are suffering...being a woman can be so hard sometimes

Old 01-12-2004, 11:59 PM   #3
chickadee99

chickadee99 HB User

I was just starting a prayer for you when I looked up and saw your name. I hope that everything goes very well for you and that what they do on Thursday will go well also. My mom had a hysterectomy at age 33, so she ended up starting and going through menopause really early. But I'm praying that you won't need to have one, and that everything that appears to be wrong with your uterus, etc will be healed.

Last edited by chickadee99; 01-13-2004 at 12:01 AM.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:37 AM   #4
christianmomx4

christianmomx4 HB User

Thank you very much for the thoughts and prayers! I think we can never have too many people praying for us. Again I see that people are thinking hysterectomy...I guess that seems to be making the most sense of this mess. I really don't want to go through one...I am sure that everything will work out as planned, because every step is ordered. Just the thought of being 30 and going through this junk doesn't seem right, but I am thankfull that I had all my children before this mess began! Time will tell...
Thanks again ladies

Old 01-24-2004, 01:42 PM   #5
angelkitty081

angelkitty081 HB User

It sounds like what they are going to do to you in the office is called a hysteroscopy. Usually if they find anything doing that they will do a laparoscopy next. Just so some research on those two things. A hyst will probably be a last resort. I bet doing the hysteroscopy and if needed a laparoscopy will fix your problem though. Good Luck

Old 01-28-2004, 11:48 PM   #6
steelwife

steelwife HB User

Hi!!

I think I can help you a little!!! When your Dr. told you that the lining of uterus was "way to thick", that is called Edometrial Hyperplasia. It means actually what you said, the lining of your uterus is way to thick. This generally happens to women who do not have regular menstral cycles.

It sounds like your Dr. wants to perform a Endometrial Biopsy. The Dr. will scrape the inside of the uterus to get a sample of your endometrial lining and polyp to send off to the lab for testing. I will be honest and say that it may be painful for you. The closest I can say about how it feels is to say that it feels like a Pap test only supercharged!! You will feel some cramping afterwards that may last a couple hours and you may have some spotting.

I do not know what is involved in a saline ultrasound because I have never had that done.

I have dealt Endometrial Biopsies and have had Endometrial Hyperplasia many, many times over the years. Finally, after going through the Hyperplasia and other problems for many years, my Dr. suggested a hysterectomy and I had it done in March of 2003. I finally am free of all my female problems and feel wonderful!!!

If this is a new problem and your tests come out OK, your Dr. may frown on doing a hysterectomy. You should have a menstral cycle at least every three months to keep the lining of your uterus from getting too thick, so your Dr. might prescribe either the birth control pill or something like Provera to regulate your mentral cycle so this problem won't happen again!!!

I hope that I was of some help to you!! Try not to worry!!!

GOOD LUCK!!! GOD BLESS!!!

Old 01-29-2004, 05:13 AM   #7
christianmomx4

christianmomx4 HB User

Thank you very much for your insight. I have been back to the Dr. and she said that she wanted to compare the results from the ultrasound I had in Nov vs the one in Jan. She told me that as of now I have a choice and if I wanted to have a hysterectomy done that the Dr. and ins. companys would not have a problem since my ultrasound in Nov showed that my uterus was the size of a 12 week pregnancy. I am waiting to hear back from her sometime this week. She will be able to see what changes have happened since Nov. So until then... Thanks for all your prayers and blessings!

Closed Thread