It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 09:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
Ovulation and being COLD

Does anyone else get COLD when they ovulate? I swear, it seems like halfway through every month I'm really hot and then I'm FREEZING my butt off!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 05:03 PM   #2
(female)

jenwic HB User
Re: Ovulation and being COLD

I'm glad I'm not losing my mind! I am going through this exact same thing. Ever since I ovulated this month, I have been freezing. I am actually having trouble sleeping because I wake up cold several times a night. I took my temperature and it varies from normal to like 99.3.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 07:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

Yeah I'm definitely having the trouble sleeping, too. Glad I'm not the only one

Old 01-16-2004, 08:47 PM   #4

underground666 HB User

When you ovulate your body temp goes up, usually just under a degree. That how some people monitor ovulation and try to get pregnant.

Old 01-16-2004, 09:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

Yeah, I knew that your body temp goes up, but it doesn't explain being COLD. Wouldn't you be hot?

Old 01-20-2004, 10:38 PM   #6

underground666 HB User

i dunno, think about it... when you have a fever, a lot of the times u get the chills... because your body's hotter in room temperature where it's normally comfortable, it just feels colder to you.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:38 AM   #7

luvmyboys HB User

I also get cold at ovulation. It feels like I have the chill. My temp in the morning when I wake up is about 98.5 after ovulation and 97.7 before ovulation. I get so cold sometimes I actually feel like I'm sick. I get the goosebumps up and down my spine every time I move and my fingers and toes are like ice. I use a heating pad before I go to bed on my feet because I have a hard time falling asleep when my feet are so cold. Then a few days before my period I start sweating at night and chills during the day. This all goes on for a few days after my period starts and then things straighten out, except for my stomach and colon. That's when that part gets worse. That stays bad until ovulation. It's crazy. Goes like this basically: period starts - sweats and chills; period ends - stomach and colon starts in; ovulation - stomach and colon straighten out, cravings begin and chills begin; 2 or 3 days before period - headaches and fatigue. Isn't it fun being a woman!

Old 01-21-2004, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

That sounds exactly like me, exept my stomach and colon are ALWAYS acting up, it just gets worse for me from ovulation until I get my period. I was wondering if the being cold part was just me, though. I also REALLY feel like I'm getting sick and have the chills, too. You're right-it sure is interesting being a woman.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:58 AM   #9
(female)

Sidney1733 HB User

Maybe your body feels cold because your catching a chill..
Because as said above ovulation causes the body temp to rise. Well, Maybe its like having a low grade fever. When you get a fever you tend to feel cold and run a chill.
It's something to think about

Closed Thread