It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

vagina smelll

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2004, 09:44 PM   #1
samalexandra

samalexandra HB User
Angry vagina smelll

My vagina doesn't really smell, but my underwear does at the end of the day. I got tested for bacterial vaginosis and my gyno says I don't have it and she didn't really detect a strong smell. could the cause of this be spicy foods? I eat extremely acidic foods all day. Is there anything to help besides changing eating habits? what could some other causes be? thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 06:39 AM   #2
junkbondtrader
Inactive

junkbondtrader HB User
Re: vagina smelll

you're supposed to have a scent, so i'd say learn to enjoy it or at least not to worry about it. i've found personally that garlic and onions change the smell of my body as a whole. (but i love them, and spicy foods like you do and eat them a lot). so if you're really bothered about it, you might want to chill a little with those and also, drink more water, and eat fewer meats and processed foods, and more fruit.

Old 01-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #3
Audrey-B
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

It's common for most women to have a smell/scent in their underwear by the end of the day even when there are no infections. During the day that part of your body sweats, experiences discharge, you go to the toilet, may have had sex recently etc etc. The mixture of all these things combined causes your own personal odour which will leave a scent in your underpants. Just the way your clothes will end up with a smell in the armpit area from sweat/deoderant, it's the same for the crotch of your underpants.

The main thing is that you have seen your doctor and they have not detected a vaginal infection.

Old 01-22-2004, 06:36 PM   #4
LynM

LynM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey-B
It's common for most women to have a smell/scent in their underwear by the end of the day even when there are no infections. During the day that part of your body sweats, experiences discharge, you go to the toilet, may have had sex recently etc etc. The mixture of all these things combined causes your own personal odour which will leave a scent in your underpants. Just the way your clothes will end up with a smell in the armpit area from sweat/deoderant, it's the same for the crotch of your underpants.

The main thing is that you have seen your doctor and they have not detected a vaginal infection.
Try getting some essential oil of lavender and putting a drop or 2 on your underwear in the a.m. - it's non irritating and smells nice for most of the day!
Make sure to get real essential oil.. LynM

Closed Thread