It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

This is really emberrasing to say but...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2004, 07:47 PM   #1
Lucyfer

Lucyfer HB User
This is really emberrasing to say but...

What do you do when you KNOW your bleeding way to much? I don't feel like going to a doctor beacuse its not that bad but it seems like its going to get that bad... help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2004, 06:23 AM   #2
Blastoff9600
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: This is really emberrasing to say but...

The best way to tell is if you are changing your tampon/pad every hour or more than once in an hour. If you are chaging it that often then itis time to see your doctor ASAP.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 01-22-2004, 08:47 AM   #3
Lucyfer

Lucyfer HB User

I can't I already have tons of hospitals bills I have no insurance, now its to late beacuse all of my bill. I supposebly get paid to much for medical. I only get paid 8.50 an hour I pay rent... This does happen to me but I think its nothing serious it only happens every other month... Thank you and sorry for telling you my entire life story.

Old 01-22-2004, 06:53 PM   #4
Giggles68

Giggles68 HB User
Unhappy Bleeding Too Much

This is in response to Bleeding too much. I have had very heavy periods all of my life. I have to wear 2 Super Tampons and still leak within about 20 minutes. It is awful. I am actually going to the Dr. tomorrow to see what they say so I will let you know. It is not fun.

Old 01-22-2004, 09:31 PM   #5
Angel77
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

I know too well about the medical bills but if you ignore something that may cost a few bucks now, it could cost you thousands later..or worse, your health. This goes with any medical. Many hospitals have a charity form that you can fill out in your situation. But you have to ask, they won't offer it. It asks financial questions, reasons for being unable to pay, etc. and will make a determination on that. Many places will also write some of it off if you ask. Also, send each of them five bucks a month so you don't end up in collections. Because of all my medical we have a huge bankruptcy payment (430.00 mo. on 35,000 med debt) and they've frozen my checking accounts before and took 2 house payments worth of money! So contact them now.
Now for the bleeding. I went through that once but was younger and don't remember what was the cause. You can become enemic as well as fatigued. You should have it checked out. You may also want to talk to the county health department or planned parenthood, they do most things on a sliding scale. It's worth a try, in the end if it comes down to it, you need to see the doc. Your health is more valuable than another hospital bill.

Old 01-24-2004, 06:45 AM   #6
FiChna
(female)

FiChna HB User

yes i had that problem to when i was younger and my mother for whatever reason thought it was "normal" to bleed through a super pad in an hour and have cramps so bad that i couldn't walk along with nausea and diarreaha(sp)

luckily for me it was nothing that serious i was finally ableto get on birth control pills after 5 years of torture and no help. i didn't have insurance either and went to planned parenthood-and they were great i might add. i wish you luck

Old 01-24-2004, 09:27 AM   #7
chrys

chrys HB User

i also was a heavy bleeder as a young girl i started when i was 11 my grandpa who was raising me had no clue and no money for docs so i was taken to planned parenthood put on the pill and everything was fine after that the bleeding was still heavy at times but not as bad and the cramps subsided with age.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:13 PM   #8
Lucyfer

Lucyfer HB User

enemic? How can we prevent that from happening my mom THINKS its that beacuse some side affect... but I don't think so she thinks beacuse I get all old all of the sudden and no one else does... Thank you so much for your advice peeps... Y0u know I get check out by doctors they check my blood they never say nothing is wrong with me like enemic... I don't even know what fatigued is.

Closed Thread