It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Help..Is it ok to wear 2 - Tampons

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2004, 07:17 AM   #1
Giggles68

Giggles68 HB User
Red face Help..Is it ok to wear 2 - Tampons

Hi, I am a very heavy bleeder every month and I am wondering if anyone knows what to do or if it is ok to wear 2 Super Absorbency Tampons at one time. I still leak through within about 20 minutes but I don't know what else to do..
Help......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 08:10 AM   #2
tri 03

tri 03 HB User
Re: Help..Is it ok to wear 2 - Tampons

NO- try a pad with a tampon- or go to the gyn and tell them that you are way too heavy!

Old 01-23-2004, 08:16 AM   #3
KimRick
Inactive

KimRick HB User

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Try a super plus tampon and a super absorbant pad! You might want to go to a doctor to find out why you're bleeding so heavily. . .

Old 01-23-2004, 08:51 AM   #4
PaNik5717
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User

I have actually heard a lot of women say that they double up on tampons. Personally, I would find it very uncomfortable. You say you leak out, but do you saturate the tampon. I had a problem with my tampons leaking through the string before the rest of the tampon ahs absorbed anything. I switched brands and was shocked to discover how different they are in their shape and their construction.

If you are totally saturating your tampons in 20 minutes, you really do need to talk to a doc about it. Going through more than one pad an hour for six hours or more is considered to be excessive bleeding. There are many things that can be causing it and many ways to treat it.

You may also look into trying mesntrual cups. Search for Diva cup, moon cup, or instead and you will find a lot of info.

Old 01-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #5
Giggles68

Giggles68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaNik5717
I have actually heard a lot of women say that they double up on tampons. Personally, I would find it very uncomfortable. You say you leak out, but do you saturate the tampon. I had a problem with my tampons leaking through the string before the rest of the tampon ahs absorbed anything. I switched brands and was shocked to discover how different they are in their shape and their construction.

If you are totally saturating your tampons in 20 minutes, you really do need to talk to a doc about it. Going through more than one pad an hour for six hours or more is considered to be excessive bleeding. There are many things that can be causing it and many ways to treat it.

You may also look into trying mesntrual cups. Search for Diva cup, moon cup, or instead and you will find a lot of info.
Thanks for the reply, actually I do saturate the tampons totally. I went into the Dr. today and I have to have an Ultrasound done and then see a Gynecologist. My Dr. also put me on the pill which I would prefer not to be because I do not need birth control. Anyways it sounds like I will figure something out soon

Thanks!!

Old 01-23-2004, 05:47 PM   #6
Dawnrise
Veteran
(female)

Dawnrise HB User

You said the doctor put you on b/c pills but you didn't need birth control. B/C pills are also used for regulating bleeding not just birth control. So that's why he probably did it.

Old 01-23-2004, 06:09 PM   #7
Natasha1981

Natasha1981 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggles68
Hi, I am a very heavy bleeder every month and I am wondering if anyone knows what to do or if it is ok to wear 2 Super Absorbency Tampons at one time. I still leak through within about 20 minutes but I don't know what else to do..
Help......
I double up on super tampons occassionally. It hurts a bit but you get used to it after a while. And then I'd bleed through them after between 30-60 minutes.

I have endometriosis and I had a couple of uterine fibroids. I would get it checked out. Sometimes some women are just heavy bleeders though...but go to the doctor to make sure that you aren't becoming anemic!

It's not a good idea though to use double tampons or tampons at all if you're bleeding heavily. This can block the flow of blood out of your uterus and create a lot of clots, which aren't dangerous but are very bothersome, trust me! This may be embarassing but I sometimes wear an adult diaper if I'm bleeding too much and this helps a LOT! It may be something you could look into instead of doubling up on the tampons.

Closed Thread