It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Bleeding and some pain

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
Bracelets2003

Bracelets2003 HB User
Bleeding and some pain

I am new to this board. I am 29 years old and have 3 children.

I have been bleeding pretty heavily for about 3 weeks now. I had my period 2 weeks before this started. My period has been regular my whole life of having it. I got it exactly every 28 days and it lasted 7 days every time. 3 days ago I woke up with pain in my lower abdomin mostly on the right side. I haven't really worried about this until the pain started. Yesterday I was still a little sore on the right side but I feel a lot better today but the bleeding seems heavier today. I haven't got to the doctor yet. I would really apprieciate any information on what could be wrong. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2004, 10:56 PM   #2
Lindarella
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
Re: Bleeding and some pain

It could be a couple of things. The most likely is that you missed ovulating. When a woman ovulates, her body starts making progesterone. The progesterone is what eventually stops your period. If you skip a month without releasing an egg, progesterone will not be released and it can cause a never-ending period. It happens sometimes.

Another possibility is some type of tumor. Fibroids can cause you to do this. Endometriosis can also cause this.

Your period may last a long time. You should really see a doctor. He can make it stop and investigate.

I had a period that lasted from February until May. What a joy that was. In my case it was missed ovulation. They gave me high doses of estrogen for a couple of days, I went on the pill for a few months, and it went away. I also had pain, heavy bleeding.

Good luck to you and don't wait for months like I did.

Old 01-28-2004, 05:06 AM   #3
Bracelets2003

Bracelets2003 HB User
Re: Bleeding and some pain

Thank you for answering my post Linderella. I really hope it is just a missed ovulation and not something else serious. I am going to the doctor tomorrow.

Closed Thread