It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2004, 06:13 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

maryett HB User
Re: does anyone wear a pantiliner everyday?

Yes I have to wear one every day and it's so annoying feeling moist down there all the time. I wear an extremely thin liner that you can hardly tell is there. G-strings (thongs) are an absolute no-no for me!

Old 03-05-2004, 06:30 PM   #17

alessia HB User

For a few years, I used to wear a pantyliner every day for "freshness". I ended up with a strep infection "downtown", and my nurse practitioner told me that she has been seeing a lot of infections that seem to be related to using pantyliners. She explained that using cotton underwear is better than a pantyliner because cotton is a natural fabric that allows you to breathe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2004, 09:31 AM   #18
(female)

avuntika HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by regime
grrr am i the only one out there that has to wear a pantiliner everday its very odd. i hate it, i get discharge 24/7, it sucks especially when having sex, gotta go clean up BEFORE and AFTER the sex. lol. theres nothing wrong with me according to the doc. once u start having sex, all these problems occur lol..
yeah i need one 24/7 except that i go one step further and use the slimmest pads available. pantyliners are not enough for me. i get uncomfy really soon. wish there was a way out!

Old 03-07-2004, 09:34 AM   #19

carapo HB User

Pantyliners make me burn down below so I tend to change my underwear often . Lots of my friends use them every day and don't complain.

Old 03-07-2004, 10:55 PM   #20

duckmaster HB User

I wear them every day and if I don't, I feel extremely disgusting. I also have to wash my pants more often if I don't wear them, which is a pain ... but I've been wearing them every day for the past 6 years and am not sexually active in the least ... it just ... keeps ... "cleaning" itself.

Old 03-27-2004, 11:59 PM   #21

PrincessJules HB User

I wear a panty liner everyday, I don't think I could go without one, I did not know this could pose a risk for infection...I discharge a large amount. So cotton underwear are not even a factor, is there a way to stop or slow the discharge down?

Old 03-28-2004, 06:39 AM   #22
Inactive

ladivapr HB User

First time I hear that of possible infection due to wearing of pantiliners. I really dont see why that could cause an infection. I can see why tampon could cause an infection (TSS) and thats why pads have always been safe. Pantiliner same as pads, tampons etc. should be non-scented to prevent risk of anything.

I too being wearing the pantiliners everyday for couple of years now and I dont feel Im using anything at all. I dont think I could get used to not wearing them now.

Old 03-28-2004, 08:32 AM   #23

cowgal HB User

Not the pantyliner itself that can cause the infection but the lack of adequate air circulation in that area. Staying damp in that area provides ideal conditions for some bacterial/yeast/fungal growth. Same idea behind wearing pantyhose that don't have the cotton panel inserts all day everyday or even wearing damp socks all day everyday. Guess that means we all need to shed our undies when we get in from work. Know that would probably suit my hubby. lol cg

Old 03-28-2004, 01:42 PM   #24
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgal
Not the pantyliner itself that can cause the infection but the lack of adequate air circulation in that area. Staying damp in that area provides ideal conditions for some bacterial/yeast/fungal growth. Same idea behind wearing pantyhose that don't have the cotton panel inserts all day everyday or even wearing damp socks all day everyday. Guess that means we all need to shed our undies when we get in from work. Know that would probably suit my hubby. lol cg
I had been wearing pantiliners every day as well because of excess discharge...so now I think I may know where this yeast infection came from I had no idea that dampness could cause infection.

Old 04-03-2004, 10:46 PM   #25

sadxforxme HB User

well im a virgin and i get discharge. it really annoys me and i have to wear pantyliners too...nothing to do about it but get used to it i guess...i hear its a sign of the vagina cleaning itself>? lol...

Old 04-04-2004, 01:29 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

I do alot but not EVERY day. I have heard that yeast infections can start from that because the vaginal area get too moist thus creating a yeast problem, so I have to pick and choose when I wear them. I was also told that sometimes we can have yeast infections and not even know it!

Closed Thread