It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

does anyone wear a pantiliner everyday?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
regime
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User
does anyone wear a pantiliner everyday?

grrr am i the only one out there that has to wear a pantiliner everday its very odd. i hate it, i get discharge 24/7, it sucks especially when having sex, gotta go clean up BEFORE and AFTER the sex. lol. theres nothing wrong with me according to the doc. once u start having sex, all these problems occur lol..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2004, 02:49 PM   #2
Blastoff9600
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: does anyone wear a pantiliner everyday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by regime
grrr am i the only one out there that has to wear a pantiliner everday its very odd. i hate it, i get discharge 24/7, it sucks especially when having sex, gotta go clean up BEFORE and AFTER the sex. lol. theres nothing wrong with me according to the doc. once u start having sex, all these problems occur lol..
Actually one doesnt have to have sex to start having discharge it just happens that most women/girls dont notice discharge until after they start having sex becuase they worry over impressing their partner.

Discharge is normal since the vagina is self cleaning. Also discharge when one is in the fertile phase is a good thing as it helps the sperm travel better.
Read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It has some greatinfo about discharge and what is normal as in knowing the difference between good discharge and bad discharge.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 01-28-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
ScoobyDoo
(female)

ScoobyDoo HB User

Quote:

YES YES YES, I understand your pain. LOL I too have to wear a pantyliner everyday. IT SUCKS. My god they should just name a pantyliner after me. I'm waiting for the cure....LOL. I see the things out for "vaginal dryness" and Im like, dryness, whats that.

I wonder if any of those powders work. Ive never really tried to do anything about it. You get use to it. I have heard that its worse when your over weight (which I am).

Your not alone.....

Sincerly,
A Fellow Sufferer (sp)

Old 01-29-2004, 02:01 PM   #4
Mtd845ny

Mtd845ny HB User

Quote:
grrr am i the only one out there that has to wear a pantiliner everday its very odd. i hate it, i get discharge 24/7, it sucks especially when having sex, gotta go clean up BEFORE and AFTER the sex. lol.
sounds EXACTLY like my girlfriend...

Old 01-29-2004, 02:25 PM   #5
regime
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtd845ny
do u mind?

Old 01-29-2004, 03:27 PM   #6
ScoobyDoo
(female)

ScoobyDoo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtd845ny

Sounds like my husband...LOL. He's clueless. They don't get it. "You don't need no pantyliner, its a natural thing, deal with it" I would just like to see men go through HALF of what we go through. They wouldn't make it. I would like to have my husband go through the pain of labor, he says "aww it ain't nothing", Im like....Wasn't you there, did you not see the PAIN i was in...LOL. I go through hours and hours of **PAIN** and 3 days later Im back home with a new baby, doing the laundry, cleaning the house, etc AND my husband had a vasectomy and did nothing but WHINE and MOAN for 2 weeks straight.

LOL

Old 02-10-2004, 09:30 PM   #7
dustdalnea

dustdalnea HB User

I too have to wear a pantyliner everyday... Not only for discharges but just to feel clean and fresh........

Old 02-12-2004, 11:04 PM   #8
giddyup715
(female)

giddyup715 HB User

Yep! I think we need ScoobyDoo pantyliners out on the market! Little scoobies in just the right places on our pantyliners! LOL! Good idea Scooby!
Kids get those fancy bandaids with cartoon characters....We women should demand the same!! Maybe we need Bush pantyliners....lol George Bush!
This was just a jokin' admins... lol don't kick me out! This is all for female fun!

Old 02-13-2004, 06:40 AM   #9
rainbowdawn
(female)

rainbowdawn HB User

YES, I feel naked without them now....lol I just wish there were some that were a bit longer. I find the ones I have tried like kinda fold and get ridges in them quickly so I need to change them often!

Old 02-13-2004, 08:58 AM   #10
cowgal

cowgal HB User

Have you seen the pantyliners for thong underwear yet? Have yet to grasp the full significance of thongs for daily wear in the first place since I've always thought we wore panties to protect our clothing and just what would the thongs be protecting our clothing from since there's not enought fabric there to begin with but now we have pantyliners for them anyway. Is that not the supreme male marketing idea? I've always worn cotton undies because of the seemingly unending drip. Now they have given us a nasal spray for postnasal drip, think they could come up with a spray for the other end. But seriously, ladies. It will eventually start to dry up, about the same time you stop having periods. And then you go the other way and you'll be too dry. See, there is hope, it's just a while before it happens. cg

Old 02-26-2004, 11:09 PM   #11
novembre
Veteran
(female)

novembre HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdawn
YES, I feel naked without them now....lol I just wish there were some that were a bit longer. I find the ones I have tried like kinda fold and get ridges in them quickly so I need to change them often!
My favorite kind is Carefree longs.. they feel nice and don't get all bunched up.

Old 03-04-2004, 01:01 PM   #12
Dra24

Dra24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by novembre
My favorite kind is Carefree longs.. they feel nice and don't get all bunched up.
I am 79 years old, and in the past year or so I have needed to wear pantliners..a very small amount of a pale yellow....perhaps it is urine ?? I notice it more if I have been on my feet more and working hard. It does have a bad odor at times. I find if I rinse myself with warm water at least every other day, the odor is not as noticeable. I mentioned it to my Dr., and he didn't have much to say....I suggested a urine test, but he said 90 percent of women my age have a slight bladder infection....but he didn't test for an infection. Just curious if anyone else my age has this problem. Dra24

Last edited by Dra24; 03-04-2004 at 01:03 PM.

Old 03-04-2004, 02:17 PM   #13
csoar2004
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff9600
Actually one doesnt have to have sex to start having discharge it just happens that most women/girls dont notice discharge until after they start having sex becuase they worry over impressing their partner.
Discharge is normal since the vagina is self cleaning. Also discharge when one is in the fertile phase is a good thing as it helps the sperm travel better.
Read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It has some greatinfo about discharge and what is normal as in knowing the difference between good discharge and bad discharge.
I want to re-emphasize that vaginal discharge is normal. It's also critical to keeping the vagina clean. I strongly advise against doing anything that would impair the vagina's ability to do this.

While I sympathize with those of you who feel that the discharge is excessive (along the lines of sweating too much, I imagine), I hafta wonder what it is in our society that predisposes so many to view a normal body function as "yucky."

As a menopausal woman facing the dreaded vaginal "dryness" I'm not looking forward to that battle.

Old 03-04-2004, 02:32 PM   #14
cowgal

cowgal HB User

Menopause brings with it a new set of problems but to be honest, I am not so sure that these problems aren't easier to deal with. The peri-pause periods were so rough that I ended up wearing Depends nearly my entire cycle because the bleeding was so excessive that I didn't dare go out with them. I don't miss the cramps, I don't miss the bleeding, I don't miss that week before of bloating and irritability. I do have hot flashes and weight gain and the vaginal dryness and the occasional leaking when I sneeze or laugh but I still think this is better. There are several excellent products on the market for use if you suffer from vaginal dryness. And I much prefer the dryness to having a heavy enough discharge to cause chafing during the summer months. Just my thoughts on the matter but I really prefer where I am now to where I've been in the younger years. cg

Old 03-04-2004, 08:46 PM   #15
csoar2004
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgal
Just my thoughts on the matter but I really prefer where I am now to where I've been in the younger years. cg
Ain't diversity wonderful??
LOL!

Closed Thread