It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

why do we have to suffer every month?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2004, 04:51 PM   #1
Jenna22
Inactive

Jenna22 HB User
Unhappy why do we have to suffer every month?

I'm 23 and in pretty good health and i got my first period when i was 13 and i will never forget,i thought i was going to die from the pain.Ever since then i would miss 2 days at school or when i started working i would miss 2 unpaid days at work.I can't afford that.They seem to get more painful the older i get and i've been on the Ortho-tri-cyclen and it did take away the very bad cramps and i was able to go to work and do whatever i wanted.I couldn't get the pill anymore since dec.2002,i moved and i lost insurance,i couldn't afford it.Anyway once i stopped the pain returned and every month on the 27th i knew what was gonna happen,i was going to be in very bad pain.I went yesterday to my doctor and i have insurance again,she put me on the pill again but i got the generic ortho,it's called Tri-Sprintec,it's the same,just little cheaper.I'm getting my period on the 31st and will take the Celebrex pill she gave me for pain.We'll see if that will help.I've tried everything:Advil,Aleve,Pamprin,Heatpads the new ones.Nothing helped.Any advice what else might helps or if anyone is taking the pill,please let me know if it is helping with the pain.I just don't understand why women have to go through this every month and i wouldn't do the Depo shot at all.Anyway please write.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
angelkitty081

angelkitty081 HB User
Re: why do we have to suffer every month?

Ask your doc for some Bextra. It's much better than Celebrex, I think. It's more expensive but if you have insurance that will cover it, it really works soooo much better. You just take two when you first start hurting and then 1 after so many hours if you still need it. I felt the same way and have tried everything you have and this is the only thing that helps besides sitting in a hot bath forever.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:32 PM   #3
chickadee99

chickadee99 HB User

Well, if you want to go the natural route, you could try primrose oil. (I'm sure it must be in caplet form.) You could probably find them with other vitamins at the store. I don't know for sure if they work, but a friend of mine knows of a few people who take it for cramps. I hope it works!

Old 01-31-2004, 02:03 PM   #4
annonymousgirl

annonymousgirl HB User

it's life hun..

Closed Thread