It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Vaginal Itch

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2004, 08:12 AM   #1
ana_24
Veteran

ana_24 HB User
Vaginal Itch

I've had a yeast infection once before and it seemed to come on very fast. THis time, I've had slight itching for approximately 3 days and nothing's happening. It's not getting worse and it's not getting better. I don't have the yeast-like discharge. I bought the monistat itch cream and it helps for the time being but is only a temporary fix. What could it be? Sex is uncomfortable. My boyfriend and I had to stop two nights ago and I haven't let him touch me since. Any ideas? I can't get a doctor's appointment until Monday unfortunately.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2004, 08:31 AM   #2
Juliebrat

Juliebrat HB User
Re: Vaginal Itch

Is the itch up inside or more on the outside? It could be vaginitis or another yeast infection. You don't have to have the discharge every time to have a yeast infection, especially a low grage one. If the itch is on the vulva moreso, then you may have vulvitis which can be caused by yeast, an allergic reaction to almost anything, certain medicines, ect. If you look those up on the web, you'll find that itching is really common in those conditions. I'm going through something similar at the moment and I'm miserable. Good luck with it!!

Old 01-30-2004, 08:44 AM   #3
ana_24
Veteran

ana_24 HB User

The itching seems to be more on the outside, definitely the vulva. It's not bad at all... it's just there.. I feel it and it makes it impossible to even think about having sex. I've had gardnerella before so it's definitely not that because it doesn't have any kind of odour and I don't think that itches. I have neve had vaginitis. How is it treated? I haven't started using a new detergent or anything like that so I doubt it could be an allergic reaction. It's weird...

Old 01-30-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
Juliebrat

Juliebrat HB User

Well, if it's vaginitis you have to get to the cause of it since that is up inside the vagina, but if the itching is on the vulva and it IS vulvitis, then there are many things you can do to self treat. Those include not shaving that area if you do, not wearing tight pants, only wearing white cotton underwear, not wearing any panty hose unless they have an all cotten crotch, soaking the area a couple times a day in plain water and then using a hair dryer gently to remove excess moisture, using a cortizone cream(but you'll probably need to get that from your dr)definitley do not itch the area since you can cause breaks in the skin and then it'll only get worse, when you take your bath or shower, make sure you don't use anything other than glycerin soap and don't let shampoo run over your body(this is a huge culprit), also avoid sex until you know for sure what's causing it. If it does turn out to be a low yeast overgrowth, having sex can actually cause it to go back and forth as it can affect your partner with him even knowing it. If the itch doesn't get better in a few weeks, then make an appt to get to the bottom of it. The vulva can take forever to heal properly, so all things gentle and natural is best.

Closed Thread