It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

I think I need a little "Time of the Month" Advice :/.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
Sunshine797
(female)

Sunshine797 HB User
I think I need a little "Time of the Month" Advice :/.

How can I explain this. I just got my little annoying friend, and I automatically caculated when it'll next arrive. It's going to come 4 days before I leave for my vacation (Which is an island..that means beach). I hate using tampons, even though I have them. I tried them last month and it was uncomfortable,it hurt and it lasted at about 10 min before I removed it. What do I do?? I feel like cancelling my trip. I'm only going to have 3 peirod free days of the whole week I'll be there if it comes when I expect it, plus I'll be so bloated :/.. I'd use the tampons providing I knew I was doing them right... Maybe it hurts because I'm not placing them up far enough?? How far up should they go?? I've never exaclty used them in all my years of having a peirod. I know how to place them, but I just don't know how far up they are supposed to go.

Last edited by JavaJoy01; 01-30-2004 at 07:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2004, 02:15 PM   #2
annonymousgirl

annonymousgirl HB User
Re: I think I need a little "Time of the Month" Advice :/.

You shouldn't cancel your trip just because your having your period! Don't let this mess up your plans.. Tampons aren't supposed to be uncomfortable, or hurt. Maybe you are using the wrong size or you put them up to far, or not far enough. You should maybe try a different size. I use lites and I tried a regular one time and it hurt kind of. Also, make sure you don't leave them in too long! Good luck!

Old 01-31-2004, 03:22 PM   #3
surrealmeal
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

I agree with the first poster about trying a different size tampon. They make some really small ones...i think its Playtex that makes "Slim Fits". Those are good but i'm sure other brands make slim ones as well. Also, a plastic applicator can be best if you're just starting out with tampons because, in my opinion, they go in much more smoothly and comfortably than cardboard applicator tampons. I don't mean to get graphic now, but for the sake of advice i'll try to describe the easy way that i use to wear tampons: First, sit down on the toilet and spread your legs out a bit. It helps to wet the area around the vagina or the tampon applicator with a bit of lube such as KY or Astroglide, etc, but i even use my own saliva sometimes if i'm in a hurry and don't have lubricant on hand. Next, place the applicator at the entrance of the vagina and push it in a little. Once the applicator is slid in about 1/2 inch to an inch or so, push the applicator stick in to insert the tampon. You may need two hands at first.

If these directions weren't clear enough, then just follow this guideline: insert it as far as it needs to go to be comfortable--it's basically impossible to go too far; it won't get 'lost'. Good luck and have fun on your vacation.

Old 01-31-2004, 04:49 PM   #4
Sunshine797
(female)

Sunshine797 HB User

I have Tampax Pearl for regular flow, I also bought some KY for it. I figured if it's good for inserting *Ahem* manly things, then it should work for a tampon .

Geez, I'm to old to have these issuses-I'm going on my 30th birthday..LOL.

I think my whole problem was not inserting it far enough to be honest..From what I remember, I was supposed to insert the applicator in so I don't see the bottom, then push the little thing up to insert the tampon. How do I know I have it far in enough?

Old 01-31-2004, 05:30 PM   #5
surrealmeal
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJoy01
From what I remember, I was supposed to insert the applicator in so I don't see the bottom, then push the little thing up to insert the tampon. How do I know I have it far in enough?
Sorry if my last post seemed a bit too much 'Tampons for Dummies' -ish, lol, but i had no idea how old you were and if you had been previously sexually active. From the above quote, you know exactly what to do, and if you follow your own directions (above), you will definitely have it in far enough. Tampax pearls and KY are both excellent choices.

Old 01-31-2004, 07:05 PM   #6
Sunshine797
(female)

Sunshine797 HB User

No problem ... Sometimes I need explanations for Dummies..lol

Closed Thread