It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Very noticable veins

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2004, 01:31 PM   #1
hilery79
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Very noticable veins

Hi,
Ever since I had my daughter last March, the veins in my breasts and inner upper arms have been very prominent. The right side is much more prominent than the left. I am very light complected, so this may be partly why they are so noticable. But, I am a little concerned about it. Does anyone else have this? Is it normal?
Thanks,
hilery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
hilery79
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Re: Very noticable veins

Anyone????

Old 02-03-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
Rockhoppa
(female)

Rockhoppa HB User

hi hilery,

i have the same thing as you desribed. i had my last baby 17 mos ago. in all honesty, i didn't even notice it until about a week ago. but mine are also very prominent on the right side. i have a regular gyno appt next week........i'll blow it by her, but i'm sure it's just another "battle scar" from childbirth and pregnancy.....

best wishes

Old 02-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #4
countrywife33

countrywife33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilery79
Hi,
Ever since I had my daughter last March, the veins in my breasts and inner upper arms have been very prominent. The right side is much more prominent than the left. I am very light complected, so this may be partly why they are so noticable. But, I am a little concerned about it. Does anyone else have this? Is it normal?
Thanks,
hilery
Hi. Is this the only place you notice the veins? I developed varicose veins after having 3 kids. But if they are only in that area, it might be temporary. I noticed veins in the front of my chest were prominent when I was breastfeeding. Your veins can change and once you develop varicose veins through pregnancy they usually don't completely go away. My legs look awful from those blue veins. The only thing that covers them is a nice tan. Ha Ha. Unfortunately the weather is not great to sunbathe where I live right now.

Old 02-06-2004, 10:58 AM   #5
engineer1961
Senior Veteran
(female)

engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User

Mine are definatly more noticible on the right breast ,one large one specifically. I'm pretty sure they showed up 11 years ago after i had (and breast fed )my daughter , there isn't any pain from mine though so it's definatly not vercrose veins ,do yours hurt?

Old 02-06-2004, 01:06 PM   #6
countrywife33

countrywife33 HB User

I have varicose veins in my legs and sometimes they kind of stick out and are very noticeable. They do ache sometimes especially if I have been out all day and or even sitting for a long time. I have to wear those compression stockings when they really act up. It helps the aches and also keeps the blood circulating better. I don't have any problem in my arms or anywhere else. Just the legs. Mostly around my knees. Contrary to what they say, you don't have to be big. I don't weigh that much. Maybe 117lbs. I am about 5ft tall. It is sometimes hereditary. Having 3 pregnancies within 6 years caused mine.

Old 02-07-2004, 10:49 AM   #7
hilery79
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

Thanks for the replys.

I've never had any pain, so I don't think they are varicose veins. And, this is the only place they are noticable. I'm assuming this was caused by my pregnancy. I just wish they weren't so noticable.

Thanks again~
Hilery

Closed Thread