It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

"hormonal disorders"

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2004, 12:03 AM   #1
abbygirl2
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User
"hormonal disorders"

I have hot flashes, night sweats, a period that comes every 3-4 months, hair loss, loss of appetite, blurred vision, moodiness, I could go on but I'll stop there. I almost have myself convinced its menopause, however I am only 29. I am certain there is something hormonal going on with me. I was diagnosed a few months back with PCOS, which I have had for several years.
Are these linked with PCOS or are they a sure sign of something else?
Also, my sister was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago, we both have children and have no cysts, I was told infertility is very common with PCOS. Could they have misdiagnosed us?
(I have had my thyroid checked)
Thanks
Abbygirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
purpleprincess
Inactive

purpleprincess HB User
Re: "hormonal disorders"

Hey there! I am 19..I was diagnosed with PCOS about a little over a month ago. I am pretty sure most of those things you mentioned can be tied to PCOS. I have done research, and it seems lots of diff. things can occur, just depends on your body. From what they can see, my ovaries look good, I don't have the cysts either. So it might be that you two just don't have them either. I hope this helped some.

Kristina

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygirl2
I have hot flashes, night sweats, a period that comes every 3-4 months, hair loss, loss of appetite, blurred vision, moodiness, I could go on but I'll stop there. I almost have myself convinced its menopause, however I am only 29. I am certain there is something hormonal going on with me. I was diagnosed a few months back with PCOS, which I have had for several years.
Are these linked with PCOS or are they a sure sign of something else?
Also, my sister was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago, we both have children and have no cysts, I was told infertility is very common with PCOS. Could they have misdiagnosed us?
(I have had my thyroid checked)
Thanks
Abbygirl

Old 02-03-2004, 03:46 PM   #3
ngolden
(female)

ngolden HB User
Re: "hormonal disorders"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleprincess
Hey there! I am 19..I was diagnosed with PCOS about a little over a month ago. I am pretty sure most of those things you mentioned can be tied to PCOS. I have done research, and it seems lots of diff. things can occur, just depends on your body. From what they can see, my ovaries look good, I don't have the cysts either. So it might be that you two just don't have them either. I hope this helped some.

Kristina
That doesn't sound like PCOS to me. Have you had your estrogen levels checked? With PCOS you have very high estrogen, what your describing sounds like low estrogen. Does provera (progesterone pills) work to start your period? If you get very little bleeding from it or none at all it is an estrogen problem, not PCOS.

Closed Thread