It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Feminine Itch after showers???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
singer1
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Feminine Itch after showers???

I don't know what it is, but does anyone ever get a feminine itch after a shower? I use Oil of Olay soap which I think is mild, but it has no fragrance. It just seems when I wash in that area, I don't know if something gets irritated or not. I've heard that the white stuff that sits around behind the clitoris area kind of "under the hood" is a normal discharge and when I shower, I try and clean that all out. Maybe I shouldn't do that???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2004, 01:57 AM   #2
Audrey-B
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Feminine Itch after showers???

Firstly, yes you should clean out that white stuff which is a combination of your bodies natural secretions along with sweat, pee, oils from the pores etc, even guys get this, especially those who havent been circumcised. It's not big deal, kind of like if you don't clean your ears you get a build up of wax.

Secondly, washing down there and how to wash and with what has often been debated on the healthboards. My personal experience was that i used to get a lot of yeast infections and found i was very sensitive to just about every soap/body wash if i used it down in that area. Even when i shampoo/condition my hair, which is very long, i lean forward b/c i can't have the soap running down my bottom and getting anywhere near my vaginal area. I'll only use warm water there and thoroughly give it a clean. It never smells and i've never had problems with infections since then.

Closed Thread