It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

shower sponges

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2004, 12:51 PM   #1
Raynie
(female)

Raynie HB User
Question shower sponges

Ya know those round shower sponges that are made from a kind of netted material? I like to use those but i am worried about bacteria build-up. How long do people use them for? How do you clean them? I've washed mine in the washing machine before, but it still has to air dry since the dryer would ruin them. I would think just after just time of being wet then air drying would attract some bacteria. What do you all do with them?
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #2
Juliebrat

Juliebrat HB User
Re: shower sponges

You can boil water and then put it in there for a few minutes and stir it around. Someone else said that they can be ran through the dishwasher, but I haven't tried that one yet. Also, I've heard of people putting them in the microwave for 30 seconds, but I haven't tried that either. I generally replace mine every 2 months and I never use them on my private parts. I find that stocking up on them is best so it doesn't seem like I'm always getting new ones and I can just toss and replace with ease.

Old 02-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #3
hobogirl
(female)

hobogirl HB User
Re: shower sponges

I have used these sponges for years and have never had a problem. The best ones to buy are bath and body works. They last the longest and are guaranteed for life. All you have to do is take the button into the store and they will replace it free. I have a hook in my bath that I use to hang mine on everyday. I think that as long as you rinse them out after you bath that you are fine.

Closed Thread