It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 07:40 PM   #1

cottonblossom HB User
More questions about symptoms and signs. Please help I don't know what to think!

I really think I may be pregnant. My period came but it was 3 days early and was abnormal for me. Some people will probably think I'm crazy but my story isn't that much different from a lot of woman who have experienced pregnancy, is it?

I think I am pregnant from Jan 1st-2nd. Someone told me by now my pregnancy should show up on an HPT, but it hasn't. I took 2 First Response Early Result Pregnancy tests 1 day apart, and both were negative. I took one Tuesday Feb 3rd and Thursday Feb. 5th.

My cycles are normally 35 days long (from first day of period to day before period starts).

Today, at work, I was standing, and I got this weird feeling that my stomach was just really "heavy" or filled up. My breasts are not very tender or anything, but days before I started my "period" and through it, they were more painful and tender than they have ever been. Also, when my nipples get hard, I have these tiny white bumps that have been there for a few days or more. They do not itch or hurt but they make my nipple look white only when they are hard (sorry to be graphic). Also, I have discoloration and it's almost like the whole colored part of my breast (the areolas) have expanded a little above and below (I hope that makes sense). I also have blue veins that are visible going through my areolas and around them but it seems like the veins are less visible when my nipples harden. I've had a lot of gas lately and some mild abdominal cramps off and on which I've had since I had my "period". It seems like I've headaches more often than usual, too. I feel bloated a lot as well and have had a great deal of back pain recently. I also have had some cramps in my thighs and calves off and on. Everything I have experienced has just been weird and it's stuff I've never noticed before.

Now I know people can imagine they have something to where they can actally produce symptoms, but I don't think I can MAKE more veins appear in my breasts, or bumps on my nipples and around my areola's appear. What is going on? I bought an off brand pregnancy test called Reality from Meijer which I probably should've bought like an EPT one or something, but I'm going to take it tomorrow morning. Until then, can ANYONE out there give any advice? I know I have posted a lot of questions but I just don't know if everything I've described are PG symptoms or not and I just want to know what everyone thinks. I'm not stressing about it so I don't think I'm giving myself symptoms, I just WANT to know. I'm in highschool as well, but I am responsible and am not worried about the consequences if I am b/c I will take care of it.

Anyway, thanks for listening and PLEASE respond! Thank you so much.

Last edited by cottonblossom; 02-08-2004 at 07:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Re: More questions about symptoms and signs. Please help I don't know what to think!

hey girl, sorry to hear that you are still so stressed out about this. if you take the test and it is still negative then you really should be negative. if you still are not comfortable with the results then go to a doctor or a planned paranthood and get a blood test. they will be able to counsel you as well. listen to your body tho, member i was worried about the same thing? and i am pg. let me know.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2004, 07:53 PM   #3

cottonblossom HB User
Re: More questions about symptoms and signs. Please help I don't know what to think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxin
hey girl, sorry to hear that you are still so stressed out about this. if you take the test and it is still negative then you really should be negative. if you still are not comfortable with the results then go to a doctor or a planned paranthood and get a blood test. they will be able to counsel you as well. listen to your body tho, member i was worried about the same thing? and i am pg. let me know.
Thanks so much...it's just so annoying, you know? I mean if the test tomorrow is negative then I should probably not be concerned about being pregnant it's just that I hear so many people say they got negative HPT's till they were 2 mos. along and stuff like that or some women say they never showed up on a HPT. I've called Planned Parenthood here and they do not do blood tests. So if I get a negative but I still keep getting these symptoms then I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do.

I'll keep you posted and please keep your replies coming everyone! I could use ANY advice.

Old 02-09-2004, 06:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

regular doctor offices do blood tests. maybe try there?
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
(female)

kady02 HB User

Hi...

I'm sorry, I know it has been awhile since you posted this. I was just curious to know if you ended up to be pregnant? I ask because I'm going through the same thing. It's been nerve-wrecking! haha :/ Hope to hear from you, take care.

Closed Thread