It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Ortho Tri-cyclen

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2004, 12:44 PM   #1
kelker11

kelker11 HB User
Ortho Tri-cyclen

Hi All

I could use some advice about this product: Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I'm 40 yrs old, and I've never used oral contraceptives before. My doctor has prescribed this to help regulate my hormones (hormone therapy). I questioned both the doctor and the pharmacist about this product, and they both assured me that it was very safe...

Then I got home and read the package insert

Ignoring the threat of breast, cervical, and uterine cancer that we are all aware that oral contraceptives carry, I was shocked to see all the warnings about strokes, heart attacks, blood clots, and circulatory disease!

At this point, I'm extremely hesitant to take the medication (though the thought of a regulated four week cycle is VERY appealing, not to mention menstrual flows of five days or less--according to my doc...since now my flows run seven and eight days).

I don't want to be stupid, and I realize the drug manufactors have to put ALL the problems with the medicines in those inserts. So I guess what I'd like is to hear from anyone thats used this medicine, and what kind, if any, problems that you experienced from it.

Thanks for any information you can give!!
Di

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2004, 12:54 PM   #2
Ratatosk
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: Ortho Tri-cyclen

I'm in my late 30s. Just went back on it this summer after being off for two years to have a child. Don't think I've noticed any side effects other than my blood pressure was slightly, very slightly higher.

Closed Thread