It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2004, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

laughitoff HB User
tampon wont stay in

does anyone else have trouble keeping a tampon in when you go to the bathroom? i mean, when i take a poop, the tampon just like comes out. it wont stay in. i need to like hold it in there while im going, or i need to shove it back up once im done. this is super annoying. does this happen to anyone else? and does anyone know of a solution?
thanks!

Old 03-08-2004, 04:37 PM   #2

greeksiren HB User
Re: tampon wont stay in

You likely don't have the tampon inserted high enough. Try to insert it a bit higher next time, and your vaginal muscles should be strong enough to hold it in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2004, 06:29 PM   #3
(female)

leeanne172 HB User

You may want to try a menstral cup, they create a suction and do not move and also are reusable and can be worn for up to 12 hours before cleaning, look for divacup or mooncup on google for more info

Old 03-08-2004, 06:31 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughitoff
does anyone else have trouble keeping a tampon in when you go to the bathroom? i mean, when i take a poop, the tampon just like comes out. it wont stay in. i need to like hold it in there while im going, or i need to shove it back up once im done. this is super annoying. does this happen to anyone else? and does anyone know of a solution?
thanks!
Kegel (sp?) exercises Pelvic floor exercises

Old 03-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
laughitoff, I've always had the same problem with keeping them in while trying to poop... usually tried to time it for when it was time for a new tampon! (And pushing it way up before hand never seemed to help. It's hard to relax/exert for defication and tighten to hold the tampon in at the same time, strong vagina muscles or not, if that tampon isn't bone dry it's going to move...)

Anyway, I switched ages ago to the Instead menstrual cup which sits up around the cervix which is far up enough not to be bothered by it, so problem solved. And it is a common problem despite what a previous reply might imply, my sister's and other female friends have complained about it too.

Old 03-09-2004, 07:38 AM   #6
(female)

hhsix HB User

Like Thisby, I also try to time it to when it's time for a new tampon anyway. Those suckers slip right out no matter how many kegels you do, lol.

For me that's usually not a problem. My period is so heavy I have to change them very often anyway, but for people who don't bleed that heavy it can be very irritating, even painful, to take them out when it's not time.

I've tried the Insteads. I found them messy to take out & they often slip out of place for me. I have read some really good things about them though & I've had many years of "female problems" & many surgeries, so that probably plays into it.

I look forward to trying the other menstrual cups. I'm sure each one is shaped a little different & hopefully I'll find one that works for me. I really like the concept of them.

I also found on the lighter days toward the end of my period that the Instead cups had an easier time staying in for me & were actually much more comfortable than tampons. They didn't dry out the vaginal canal & get that "stuck" feeling like a tampon would.

Give them a try, you might like them. You can find the Instead brand next to the tampons in your local walmart or walgreen's. They weren't really expensive either.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:02 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi, I have the same problem but I can't push my far up enough to stay in. I can't wear them because of this. It's really embaressing, I thought it was because I'm not tight enough, although I have 4 children. My doctor told me my uterus is hanging really low, could this have something to do with it? I can only get a tampon in so far.

What can a person do about something like this?
Thanks

Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Try a shorter tampon. I know that I have this problem with Tampax brand, which are really long, but I don't have the problem near as much with a shorter tampon like Playtex or OB.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #9
(female)

ironykarma HB User

This is to help young ladies learn how to use these strange things called tampons

When I first used a tampon; I did not know how to use it correctly. I put the thing in & removed the plastic stem only. I left the plastic top part of the applicator inside! All day at the pool that silly thing kept sliding out & I was totally confused & upset teenager. I got home & had to tell my mom that tampons don't work fo me. How embarrassing.

She unwrapped a new tampon with the applicator & hit the stem inward & the cotton part shot across the room. She held up the cotton piece & said that is all you should leave inside you. This is the tampon. Silly me. Hope this help someone

Last edited by ironykarma; 06-10-2006 at 04:10 PM. Reason: mispells

Old 06-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #10
(female)

ironykarma HB User

Women with tight muscles may push these things out. If you are a person who goes to the bathroom with faster force (push things out quickly); try going to the bathroom without pushing as much.

Last edited by ironykarma; 06-10-2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: change example

Closed Thread