It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 05:37 PM   #1
(male)

zahradream HB User
Unhappy Non-stop Period for 3 months+

Hi! I guess the title says it all. I've had my period non stop since january. 3 months non stop. I have an appt with a gyno in 2 months. I dont want to wait that long. I am afraid, dont know what's going on inside me. Does anyone have the same problem?? Any suggestions meanwhile. I have been taking saw palmetto and vitex at the same time. they're supposed to help. Maybe they're making it worse?? Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas?
btw, I am 20yrs old, have had irregular periods my whole life. Please help!

Old 03-09-2004, 07:05 PM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: Non-stop Period for 3 months+

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahradream
Hi! I guess the title says it all. I've had my period non stop since january. 3 months non stop. I have an appt with a gyno in 2 months. I dont want to wait that long. I am afraid, dont know what's going on inside me. Does anyone have the same problem?? Any suggestions meanwhile. I have been taking saw palmetto and vitex at the same time. they're supposed to help. Maybe they're making it worse?? Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas?
btw, I am 20yrs old, have had irregular periods my whole life. Please help!
If you are bleeding enough to need protection, and/or if you have to change that protection every 2-3 hours, call your doctor back and insist on an appointment sooner. If the gyn won't see you sooner, call your family doctor or simply show up in the ER.
It could be dangerous to wait two more months to be seen (at the very least, you would be at risk for anemia).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2004, 07:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User

Without knowing how much you are bleeding, all I can say is that you need to call the doctor's office and ask to speak to a nurse. Tell her what is going on and she should be able to get you in sooner. If not, try your regular doc or look for a new gyn.

One really random thing that I learned about on healthboards is soy. Do you eat a lot of it? Something in it is very similar to estrogen and some women have bleeding problems until they reduce their soy intake.

If you want to talk more, I have been there and ended up having a hyster 4 weeks ago because of it. I am 26 and don't recommend the hyster, but I know pretyy much everything they can check on you in the process. Unlike you, I was like clockwork from 12 to 25 and then things just went whacky. I bled from July to January. The first thing they will probably do is put you on the pill to try to regulate things. The gyn may be able to do that over the phone for you to try in the next two months until your appt.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:21 AM   #4
(male)

zahradream HB User
Red face Re: Non-stop Period for 3 months+

Hey! Thanks for your replies. Well, the bleeding is constant, it is NOT very heavy. Its just like getting my period over and over again with no gaps in between. Its light for a bit, gets slightly heavy, then gets light...etc. I have slight back pain, and have been bloated since. Imagine!!!
I have a theory, I read a bit about it and I heard its because I may have increased estrogen levels and decreased progesterone. Has anyone heard similar. And do any of you know which herbs I can take to decrease estrogen or atleast to regulate my hormones. I hope it is hormone related. Oh, I've also stopped taking vitex for a bit because I heard it may heavy bleeding, although I dont think It has anything to do with it. Im trying to look at all this through rose-colored spectacles but sometimes they fall off!
Thanks again

Last edited by zahradream; 03-10-2004 at 01:24 AM.

Old 03-10-2004, 04:21 AM   #5
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

You may want to have your thyroid looked at as heavy and irregular bleeding is one of the many symptoms. It might be a good idea to go to the thyroid board to see if you have any of the other symptoms.

I would not be waiting 2 months to go to the doctor. You could become anemic in the meantime due to the bloodloss. I would see a doctor pronto!!!

Old 03-10-2004, 05:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User

There is natural progesterone cream out there. I think it is kinda pricey. I'm not sure about the herbs. The only ones I was really aware of were ones that were similar to estrogens so those never worked for me. I'm sure you can look around on the web to find some that are thought to regulate cycles. The thyroid is a good tip. That's one of the first things they check. And, it is very true that you will become anemic if you keep bleeding. You probably already are.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:05 PM   #7

nightangel00 HB User

@Panik, Im curious was there a reason why your periods got that wanky after so long having regular periods?

Old 03-10-2004, 03:38 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
It's a long story

Well, nightangel, I was tested for everything and nothing every turned up positive. I saw several docs and they all consulted with other docs and with each other and no one could find anything wrong. Usually, not having anything wrong is a good thing, but not when there is this symptom with no known cause. I just had this one episode of excessive bleeding in April and then started spotting in June and then started flooding every day in July. Even without a diagnosis, most women will respond to progesterone or birth control. I didn't. So, with no diagnosis and no response to other treatment, I ended up with a hysterectomy.

Sometimes, I still wonder if I could be that rare case that is perimenopausal at a very young age, but even then, I would just have to wait a few years for things to dry up. I am very pleased to finally have a definitive cure and be so close to getting my life back.

Old 03-10-2004, 04:18 PM   #9

nightangel00 HB User
Re: It's a long story

wow Im glad you are feeling better then. I completetly agree with you with not known cause. When I moved to the US I had so bad stomach problems and I had all testing done from up and lower stomach including biopsys and everything seemed to be okay but me dreading with horrible stomachs pains to the point I was begining to think dying was a good idea. I was like that for many months, and fortunatetly I got better but I can say it was horrible. I do suspect of what could have happened but the doctors didnt agree with me.

Closed Thread