It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
Question Can Small Ovarian Cysts Cause So Much Discomfort?

I have ovarian cysts that appear, and then disappear. They are never more than 2 cm in size, but cause me so much discomfort (I think they are causing this). Nausea, lower and upper backache, gas, fatigue, pelvic/abdominal pain and more I can't think of now.

My doctor doesn't seem to think they are causing this and isn't testing me for anything else because I had an abdominal ultrasound about a year and a half ago for another problem and also have had stool tests that were negative. She thinks it may be IBS (I don’t think so…I know my body).

Anyone know for sure their small cysts are causing their troubles?

Thanks for any replies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2004, 11:14 AM   #2

wolflover7470 HB User
Re: Can Small Ovarian Cysts Cause So Much Discomfort?

I am 33yrs old,I hav had a d&c,upper and lower gi,ovarian cyst removed all done in my mid 20ies.A year ago I was told I had a pea size cyst on my ovary and just to watch it.I have been taking depo provara for over 3 years to help decrease the cysts and the pain which has helped for most part.I just had a pelvic ultrasound done becuz I have been exp. disconfort and pain again,they found a fibroid.I have an app on april 15th to see what to do.From my exp littles one can cuase big problems for some women,I think it depends on the woman.Good luck to ya

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2004, 11:46 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

Oh yeah, they sure can. I have Polycystic Ovary Disease and I can tell when I have a cyst. My guts feel like they are being ripped out and it's like my ovary is twisting or something. Horridly painful.

I use a hot water bottle on my lower abdomen, and take Ibuprophen regularly at the start of the onset of pain and I don't stop until the pain is gone.

Ideally the treatment for POD is metformin, but I tend to be hypoglycemic and metformin would make that worse. So I was being managed on Depo Provera but have since stopped that when I returned to taking BC pill. I find that so long as my body is getting that extra bit of hormones, that I don't have that yanking, tugging feeling in my pelvic area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy
I have ovarian cysts that appear, and then disappear. They are never more than 2 cm in size, but cause me so much discomfort (I think they are causing this). Nausea, lower and upper backache, gas, fatigue, pelvic/abdominal pain and more I can't think of now.

My doctor doesn't seem to think they are causing this and isn't testing me for anything else because I had an abdominal ultrasound about a year and a half ago for another problem and also have had stool tests that were negative. She thinks it may be IBS (I don’t think so…I know my body).

Anyone know for sure their small cysts are causing their troubles?

Thanks for any replies!

Old 03-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
(female)

ali1231 HB User

busymommy:
I have had them since I was 19 I am now 33, just went for a sono and I have one on my left overy and I have 4 on my uterus. They have been talking about a hysto. but I will find out when I go to the doctor monday, I am ready for one. I hurt so bad with mine that sometimes I can not get up. Hope this helps.

Alicia

Closed Thread