It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 05:51 AM   #1
Concerned84

Exclamation Pain when going to toilet

This last few days i have found that when i go to the toilet i get a terrible sensation which is very painful. once i go to the toilet i can only pass a wee bit of wee and when i am finished i get a real trobbing feeling in my lower area.

Once i come out of the toilet i get a feeling like i really need to go to the toilet but when i go i cant.( but it feels like i really need to) this doesnt happen all day as it usually fades away. and it seems to occur around the same time every day. i am really worried and it is very painful is there anyone out there that can help me please!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2004, 07:06 AM   #2
Inactive

*exhausted* HB User
Re: Pain when going to toilet

Sounds like you may have a urinary track infection. Is there any burning? There usually is with a UTI, but not always. Also, if you can't get much urine out it could signal kidney or blatter stones. Do you have pain in your stomach in between bathroom visits? I'd go ahead and see your doctor if it continues. Good luck

Last edited by *exhausted*; 03-15-2004 at 07:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2004, 09:24 AM   #3
Concerned84

i dont know if i would describe it as a burning feeling. i have a discomforting feeling like i need to go to the toilet but when i go only abit comes out. So usually if i drink loads then it helps. Is this serious? will it go away or will i have to go to the doctors???

Quote:
Originally Posted by *exhausted*
Sounds like you may have a urinary track infection. Is there any burning? There usually is with a UTI, but not always. Also, if you can't get much urine out it could signal kidney or blatter stones. Do you have pain in your stomach in between bathroom visits? I'd go ahead and see your doctor if it continues. Good luck

Old 03-15-2004, 09:41 AM   #4
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned84
i dont know if i would describe it as a burning feeling. i have a discomforting feeling like i need to go to the toilet but when i go only abit comes out. So usually if i drink loads then it helps. Is this serious? will it go away or will i have to go to the doctors???
Drinking lots of water will help with the symptoms of urinary infection (and boy howdy! Sure sounds like that's what you have! UTI symptoms may include: frequency and urgency to urinate but when you get there, not much comes out, burning and 'pulling' sensation with urination, sometimes blood in the urine, lower back pain).
You will need antibiotics to kill the bacteria causing this and failure to get it treated can allow the bacteria up into the kidneys where REAL damage can occur.
So yeah, my vote is to go to the doctor ASAP.
NOTE: Many UTI's are caused by wiping the wrong way. ALWAYS, always (did I mention 'always'?) wipe front to back when going to the toilet. Otherwise you risk infecting yourself with bacteria from the rectum.

Last edited by csoar2004; 03-15-2004 at 09:42 AM.

Old 03-15-2004, 01:24 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I had the very exact same thing wrong with me in October or November of last year. I looked in a medical dictionary and I believe the name of this annoying infection is called dysuria, which includes all the symptoms you listed. It was terribly painful when I had it...I always felt the urge to go, but I couldn't and when I did I felt a horrible burning pain; I tried to make myself not go so often because it hurt so bad, and in school if I had to go I would need to bite down on a wad of toilet paper to keep from moaning or screaming in pain.

I had this for about a month. I was in absolutely no position to tell anyone about this and then have some stranger put their hands inside me to diagnose it. According to the book I looked in (and some of the people who replied already), drinking lots and lots of water helps. I drank water so much, even in place of a meal sometimes, and I was in the latrine about every hour. I noticed the pain slowly diminished down to a slight tingle before disappearing altogether. I was so happy when I could visit the restroom painlessly. Though now I still feel like I have to go when I don't, there is no pain.

Hope you can solve your problem. Best o' luck to you.

Dark Stranger

Old 03-15-2004, 11:04 PM   #6

Tyger HB User

Yep, sounds like a classic UTI to me! But don't let us diagnose you, get yourself off to a doctor and they will take a urine sample, test it, and prescribe the correct antibiotics to kill off the infection.
Make sure in the meantime you drink lots of water, take a urinary alkaliniser (like Ural) to help with the symptoms, and drink lots of cranberry juice!
Tyger.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:16 AM   #7
Concerned84

Thanks everyone for your help! i went to the doctor and she said it was an infection! Thanks again i should hopefully be painfree before long! cheers!

Old 03-16-2004, 10:37 AM   #8

cuttie15 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Pain when going to toilet

I had one in febuary. it was horrable. I had stomic pain and couldn't eat anything. and to top it off i was really dehriated. I went to the er thinking that i was a apendix only to find out six+ hours later that it was a UTI i never want one again. the only real symptom that i had was that i had to pee all the time. and the truly has not gone away but i am drinking a lot more.

Closed Thread