It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2004, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User
The pill and alcohol?

My 21st birthday is coming up and my friends all want to throw a big party for me (Of course!)

I usually take my OTC-Lo BCP at 11:00 at night before I go to bed. On the night of the party, should I just take it early or just take it at my normal time? I just don't want the alcohol to interfere with the hormones in the pill!

Also, on Tuesday, I dropped one of my pills on the ground and couldn't find it anywhere (those tiny buggers! ) So, I just decided to skip that pill and continue with my next pill on Wednesday so that I wouldn't throw off my days or my cycle. Is that ok to do?
Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
(female)

leeanne172 HB User
Re: The pill and alcohol?

Skipping pills is never a good idea and yes one pill is capable of throwing everything off .. if you are planning on having sex it is highly suggested you use another method of birth control for the rest of your current pack of pills.

As for drinking I have been taking the pill for many many years and have never had a problem with it interffering with anything but again if you are not sure or not confident enough then use an alternitive method of birth control

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #3
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

leeanne172 -
Thanks for your response!

I am using the OTC-Lo to help with my skin and horrible cramps. I am currently not sexually active, so the birth control aspect of the pill is not an issue for me!

I can now see why skipping pills can be a problem. This is my 3rd month on the pill and my skin had finally started clearing! Unfortunately, today I woke up with 3 new pimples....grrrrrr. Plus, I also noticed a little bit of spotting (breakthrough bleeding) which I had not experienced during any other pill packs!

It is good to know about the alcohol as well. Does anyone else have any experience/advice for me?

Hopefully once I get back into the swing of things and take my pill as scheduled, things will go back to normal!

Old 03-20-2004, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Have you ever drank before? I don't know if alcohol interferes...my only worry would be you'd take it....and not being use to drinking....drink and then get sick and then the pill isn't in your system....

As for dropping and skipping the pill...if you drop one and cant find it just take the next day's pill...been there done that. throws ya off by a day but best to keep it in your system.

Old 03-21-2004, 03:07 PM   #5
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

Uhhh...yeah I have drank before, but have never gotten sick from it! As for the crazy antics my friends have planned for my birthday, I have no idea! If it looks like I will be drinking a lot, I guess I will just take the pill a little earlier than normal to be on the safe side!

Darn, I guess I should have taken the next day's pill when I dropped the other one! Now I am 1 week early on my period. It started out as a little bit of spotting, but now it is like a normal flow! Should I still continue to take the rest of my pills as scheduled or should I start a new pack? I feel so stupid, but I guess it is just my pill inexperience.

Anyways, thanks for your replies, ladies!

Closed Thread