It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 05:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
How do you feel right before your period?

I just want to get a feel for what you al feel physically/mentally right before you start your period.

Thanks to all!

Old 04-01-2004, 08:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User
Re: How do you feel right before your period?

LIKE CRAP! I hate it and so sick of dealing with my periods.

Mood Swings

Hate Myself, Hate everyone, I think everyone hate me, get mad at my friends without them even knowing it.

Can't stop eating, I call this time - having a bottomless stomach because no matter how much I eat. I'm still starving.

Break out with a pimple...Even at 42!

In my 30's I craved Chocolate
Now in my 40's / IT's salt! Chips, I must have my chips

I'm also - from what I read and how I feel. Early stages of Pre Meno!

And the Day of my Period, I get this Total Head Rush, now I wouldn't mind if the Head Rush was from smoking pot, (not that I do that anymore) but it's
this Total Dizzy feeling and I'm totally out of it...Hard to explain but maybe someone can?

It just never ends for Us Females...I had bad cramps as a teenager, only to deal with PMS during my 20's & 30's and Great just great, now in my early 40's and have to deal with PreMeno...If I make it to my 60's then maybe just maybe I can start having some fun for entire month!

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlHarley For This Useful Post:
kjrodr (03-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2004, 09:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

I get bitchy, weepy, hungry, crampy, bloated............it sounds like the 7 dwarfs but it's true. I also feel very apprehensive cause I have extremely painful periods and I just want it to start so I can deal with it and get over it.

Last edited by jojo64; 04-01-2004 at 09:23 AM.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Do you get headaches, face feals hot, and nauseated?

Old 04-01-2004, 12:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer1
I just want to get a feel for what you al feel physically/mentally right before you start your period.

Thanks to all!
I usually yell at everyone for no reason and then start crying because I yelled.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
Do you get headaches, face feals hot, and nauseated?
Yes, I get headaches sometimes before my period...and if I don't get the headache before my period it's after my periods! I can't win...
On a good note, the headaches are because I am drinking too much coffee before my period which (not always) I try to cut down on...But guess what
I crave coffee too more so when I'm PMSing....

I used to feel nauseated too...

Old 04-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat
I usually yell at everyone for no reason and then start crying because I yelled.
LOL... Know that feeling too well!

Old 04-01-2004, 01:58 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Oh Gees! I can relate to that too much! Why do we do that?! It's one thing to drive someone else nuts but, when we start to do that to ourselves, you know that PMS is working at its best! Does your face ever feel warm during your period?

Old 04-01-2004, 02:30 PM   #9
(female)

WHI HB User

I feel like someone is jabbing me in the stomach with a knife a day before my period. That is the only way to explain it. I have such horrible pain in my stomach from the day before my period til about 3 days into the cycle. It is unbarable at times.

Old 04-01-2004, 04:03 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Before you say? I usually get my period in the wee morning hours before I wake up and I know by the slight spotting I see when I go to the bathroom. But today I was in a horrible, horrible mood and was very touchy and everyone seemed to **** me off, and I had no idea why. And, sure enough, when I got changed for gym (in the bathroom stall), I saw that nature had taken me by surprise.

My only symptom is really that I'm extremely irritable. But that's just me. (A.K.A. PMS )

Dark Stranger

Old 04-01-2004, 04:36 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

WoW! I am mostly hearing the mental changes as opposed to physical problems. I seem to get it all I guess. Headache, hot flashes, cramping, lightheadedness (By the way...anyone else ever get lightheaded?) OH! Ande I get the irritability, crying, frustration, etc....perhaps that is why the Dr. has me on continuous BCP!

Old 04-01-2004, 04:53 PM   #12

luvmyboys HB User

Quote:
WoW! I am mostly hearing the mental changes as opposed to physical problems. I seem to get it all I guess. Headache, hot flashes, cramping, lightheadedness (By the way...anyone else ever get lightheaded?) OH! Ande I get the irritability, crying, frustration, etc....perhaps that is why the Dr. has me on continuous BCP!
I get the emotional as well as the physical. I get lightheaded, my panic or anxiety increases, nausea, upper stomach fullness/bloat as well as below my belly button, cravings for junk like candy and chocolate, headaches, stomachaches with mucousy diarrhea, plugged sinuses, feel like I want to bite everybody's head off and then the next second I'm crying and apologizing for it, night sweats and chills. I'm sure I forgot a few. This all lasts until about day 15 then gets better for about a week and a half, then it starts all over! Yeah! I used to be on a continuous BCP, but had uterine ablation done for very heavy bleeding. That has helped immensely! I don't get hardly any bleeding or cramps. I used to have it leaking out all over and cramps all up and down my back and legs. I also have very large varicose veins by my uterus - probably from having kids. I will probably have to have those fixed some day. However, PMS is definitely still there only a little easier to deal with without all the pain. Except the headaches - they are pretty bad for about a week.

Old 04-02-2004, 07:08 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Lovemyboys,

DO YOU HAVE THE PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS WHILE ON YOUR PERIOD TOO?

Old 04-02-2004, 07:15 AM   #14
(female)

leeanne172 HB User

Mood swings are way bad, my husband could say "Good Morning" and I'm "What the hell is that suppose to mean, Good Morning? What makes you think this is a good morning?" lol

As for hunger I get started on unsalted crackers, can go through a box of them easily .. once my period actually starts everything calms down and then when it's over I am happy again, for another 3 weeks or so

Since I have started using the divacup I have not had any cramps or back pain during my period which has been wonderful

Last edited by leeanne172; 04-02-2004 at 07:18 AM.

Old 04-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #15

luvmyboys HB User

Quote:
Lovemyboys,

DO YOU HAVE THE PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS WHILE ON YOUR PERIOD TOO?

Yes I do. They tend to last until ovulation or mid cycle. Then it gets better. Doctors think I am crazy because they all say that they should get better after your period starts. Mine get worse. Have you seen the commercials on TV for a menopause monitor testing kit? I would really like to try this. You can buy it in stores, but I have not found one yet. I'm curious, why did you want to know? Are you like this too?

Closed Thread