It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2004, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

Mandilyn HB User
Question What Kinda soaps do you wash with down there?

Hi I noticed that my vagina area is very sensitive to soaps and If I use a certain kinda soap down there ill catch a yeast infection. So I was just wondering what are the best kinda soaps to wash with down there and what kinda soap do you use?

Old 04-02-2004, 11:05 AM   #2

sunnie4567 HB User
Re: What Kinda soaps do you wash with down there?

I use Cetaphyll...It's a facial cleaner and its very gentle and you can get it at like CVS or ********'s.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 11:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I use dial antibacterial liquid body wash. I have that same problem as you. Sometimes it will burn like fire if I use the wrong soap also. When I was having a problem I started using baby shampoo which is so gentle. I would used it when I had a yeast infection and it did not burn at all so then I continued to use it for a while. I now switched to the dial. Not the Dial bar soap but the body wash. I have always had a problem with bar soaps. Another thing that will give me a yeast infection is using bath salts. If I disolve some of that into the tub I am sure to get an infection.

Old 04-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #4
(female)

brandy76 HB User

My doc recommended Dove fragrance free body wash. I used to use the Feminie wash soaps, but i got so many infections from them. Since switching I've had no problems

Old 04-02-2004, 11:53 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

I use Ivory as it does not contain any of the fragrances or other additives. In fact, I use it all over my body.

When I am not using that I buy goat soap or other fragrance free, natural soap at my local health food store.

Old 04-02-2004, 01:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Ivory bar soap burns like fire down there when I use it. Do they have a liquid version?

Old 04-02-2004, 01:10 PM   #7

greeksiren HB User

I use baby soap, Johnson and Johnson's... but I still get itchy feelings if I use too much soap. I've found the thing that helps the most is to use hardly any soap whatsoever and mostly water. I know it sounds icky, but I think too much soap can be a problem (at least in terms of causing infection).

Old 04-02-2004, 01:25 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Does anyone have any tips on how to rinse off really well down there? I use dial body wash and I used to have a detachable shower head and would be able to rinse very well with it. Now that I just have a regular shower head I am finding it harder to get all of the body wash off. I manage to do it but it takes me longer in the shower in the morning.

Old 04-02-2004, 02:36 PM   #9
(female)

elephantlvr HB User

I have been getting infections for about a year. Going to one doctor after another looking for help.

The doctor that finally helped and I am still going to told me to wash with just water down threre. I do not use any soap.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:13 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

I hadn't given much thought to this until this thread started. I did switch to the natural soaps when I thought about infections and what might be causing them. I stopped itching immediately when I started using Ivory and goat's milk soap or the other natural soaps that I pick up at the Farmer's Market.

As for just using water, there is no much bacteria in that area, that I am not so sure about just using water and that being effective but then back in the old days women did not bathe for months at a time. With the water that we have these days (unless you are on a well or upstream you are using recycled water which was once someone else's toilet water) I want to use something besides water. Has anyone tried the new feminine wipes?

As for showering and not having a hand held head, I use a wash cloth as I want to get in the folds (too much information, I know). I throw the wash cloth into the wash and wash it with the white and bleach each time that I wash the clothes.

There is a liquid Ivory.

Old 04-02-2004, 06:38 PM   #11
(female)

Mandilyn HB User

Thank you everyone for helping me out with my problem. I think I am going to try going with no soap and just water for awhile to see how it works, or just using a tiny bit of baby soap when I wash down there. I also noticed that if I do put soap down there I have to wash it off quickly or else it burns or starts to itch. I have used feminine wipes before and it didnt cause an infection or anything, I actually kinda liked them when I couldnt take a shower and I felt dirty ( dont remember name brand). So I went to buy more feminine wipes and I couldnt find them in any store, so I just bought another name brand (dont remember the name brand ) and then I caught an infection from those feminine wipes. So I stopped using perfumes down there and everything else. I think alot of water is the best thing to use and maybe a TINY bit of mild soap.

Old 04-02-2004, 06:38 PM   #12
Inactive

ladivapr HB User

I second motion on the Dove fragance free bodywash (the one for sensitive skin) Its the best. I have used with success plain glycerin fragance free soaps but you can only get those in well stocked healthfood stores. Dove is easier to get.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:59 PM   #13

journalistic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandilyn
Hi I noticed that my vagina area is very sensitive to soaps and If I use a certain kinda soap down there ill catch a yeast infection. So I was just wondering what are the best kinda soaps to wash with down there and what kinda soap do you use?
When I was younger I'd get a burning sensation because I'm pretty sensitive down there. I use strictly Dove bar soap now. Unscented, and without alcohol. It's very gentle and works well.

Old 04-03-2004, 05:51 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

I use Oil of Olay body wash for sensitive skin to shower with and clean all my parts with that.

If you bath in a tub you tend to get more yeast infections than if you shower.

Closed Thread