It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 05:52 PM   #1
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User
can a tampon get stuck??

I have always had a fear that i havn't removed a tampon and I will get TSS is it possible for one to go up far enough that when you stick you finger up there (sorry if TMI) you can't feel it?

Old 04-13-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
Veteran

JLKH HB User
Re: can a tampon get stuck??

No that's not possible. It is possible of course to forget you have one in because if you put it in right you shouldnt' feel it. But for it to get lost in there? No that wouldn't be likely to happen. The tampon would have to enter your womb for you not to feel it and I don't think you can easily get one in there. :]

But here's something you should do before using one... sorry this will be a bit graphic...Clean your finger and stick it inside your vagina as far as you can. Then push a little like you would while going to the bathroom. You should feel a soft but firm thing inside you. That's your cervix. That's the back of your vagina and pretty much as far as a tampon can get inside you. I say do this so that you are familar with what your insides feel like and therefore will know when it's... occupied or not.

Remember tampons are really very safe if you stay clean, change them regularly, and don't use them if you have an infection or are pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2004, 06:16 PM   #3
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User

Thanks for replying my mind is reassured!

Old 04-14-2004, 10:28 AM   #4
Veteran

JLKH HB User

Glad I could help!

Old 04-14-2004, 02:13 PM   #5

ashley123 HB User

I don't think it would get stuck, or you could really forget about it, because theres always a string hanging out of your vagina to remind you, and the walls of your vagina hold the tampon in place, so that it can't get lost inside you.

Old 04-14-2004, 03:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley123
I don't think it would get stuck, or you could really forget about it, because theres always a string hanging out of your vagina to remind you, and the walls of your vagina hold the tampon in place, so that it can't get lost inside you.
Acctually it is possible to forget that you have one in. A friend of mine forgot she had one in so she put in another one. Plus I've heard stories of girls having to go in and have a tampon removed.

Old 04-14-2004, 04:04 PM   #7
Veteran

JLKH HB User

It is possible to forget about it even with the string. I've done it... luckily not for very long but longer then I should have.

I had a friend too who put another tampon in after forgetting about the first one. But she realized right away when she went to put the new one in that there was already something in there. :]

As for having to have one removed? I think that is probably untrue. But the main thing this poster needs to know is that if you follow the instructions and guidlines regarding tampons they are really extreemly safe and hygenic. Actually they are more hygenic then pads! Once blood reachs the air and starts to decay it becomes more and more germ ridden. Also pads hold moister to your privates which can lead to yeast infections. So between the two tampons are safer and cleaner.

Old 04-14-2004, 06:05 PM   #8

emmswoccer HB User

I have always used tampons ( I am a competitive swimmer and they are a life saver) I have forgotten one was in, or I have even tried to put one in when there was already one, and I am telling you it is physically impossible. I wouldn't worry yourself over it to much. As other posters have said. Tampons are very hygenic, and are very safe if you read the little guide lines they give you in the package. Hope this helps.

emm

Old 04-15-2004, 12:37 PM   #9

Polaris HB User

Yes, they can get stuck and you will need to see a doctor immediately to have it removed.

P

Old 04-15-2004, 12:42 PM   #10
Veteran

JLKH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris
Yes, they can get stuck and you will need to see a doctor immediately to have it removed.

P
? I dont believe this at all. Can you explain how this could happen and where you get your info from?

Old 04-15-2004, 01:10 PM   #11

Polaris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKH
? I dont believe this at all. Can you explain how this could happen and where you get your info from?
Well believe it. My information comes from a reliable source, me. Some people have memory problems, I had one that day. I forgot that I hadn't taken one out and placed another one in. With certain tampons this might not be a problem, however with OB brand tampons (the ones without the applicator) are small with very thin strings. Needless to say, I tried everything I could imagine to remove it myself, but ended up at the doctor that day to have it removed. It was only slightly embarassing

P

Old 04-15-2004, 02:24 PM   #12
Veteran

JLKH HB User

I never use OB. I'm sorry but an aplicator is a must in my book. :]

I suppose it is possible but I think cases like yours are rare. But good to know!

Old 04-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #13
Veteran

JLKH HB User

Got I couldn't imagin NOT using them! Anytime I've used pads I not only feel gross as all heck but I will often get yeast infections! I've had a tampon be difficult to remove due to dryness but never had one get stuck or so hard I had to hurt myself to get it out. Well all women are different so I guess it's just what works for you.

Old 04-16-2004, 05:39 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

I have had 2 tampons in at once and I had no problems getting either out. It happened when I was in high school. I was using the bathroom during class and in a big hurry. I forgot to take the old one out and I just a new one in. I didn't know this until I got home and I went to the bathroom. I pulled one out and out popped another string! It was scary at first, but I had no problems getting it out.

Old 04-16-2004, 02:58 PM   #15
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User

Thanks for responding. I have put in one and then forgot and put in another. I just wanted to know if it was possible to put two in and then lose the string. But it sounds very rare. Thanks!!

Closed Thread