It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 05:23 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Question about a home remedy

I'm sure some of you remember my past post concerning home remedies for yeast infections. Though I didn't get much help with the actual remedies (most people just told me to go to a doctor), I'm hoping anyone who replies to this won't give me the same line of crap. Know this! I am using a home remedy to avoid a visit to the doctor. I do NOT want some stranger touching and violating me. Please! All I ask of anyone who replies is a possible answer to my question, okay?

My question is as follows:

A particular remedy I read about was one where you would douche with a water-vinegar solution. It said you mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 1 quart of water. But a whole quart won't fit in my hygiene item of choice. I was wondering if I could put 1/2 tablespoon vinegar to 1/2 quart water instead and use it twice consecutively?

Please help me with this...and please no lectures on the importance of sexual hygiene. Just a straightforward answer is all if you can help me. Or if you have heard of the same cure but with different amounts of water/vinegar, please tell me those as well. Thank you in advance.

Dark Stranger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 09:18 PM   #2

QTee HB User
Re: Question about a home remedy

If what you have is truly a yeast infection try using a natural yogurt that has live cultures in it. You can get it from any health food store. Just make sure that it is natural with nothing added.

The yogurt is to be used vaginally, so you will need an applicator. Just fill the applicator and insert before going to bed. Do this every night until it clears up.

Also if you have recurring infections, try taking acidophilus in the pill form. They are kept in the refrigerated section of the health food. The pills will have several different live cultures in them. They are good for yeast and also the digestive system. But you can do some research.

Hope this helps

QTee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 06:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Question about a home remedy

A gyno once advised me to buy a douching kit and to mix vinegar and water or i could purchase some solution at the chemist. He never mentioned how many parts vinegar to how many parts water. I'm sure if you search on the net there will be some info there.

Later on, i read on the net that vinegar and water are only to be used during a certain stage of the month, whereas other times you should use mineral water, but not certain if they meant the one with bubbles or the still mineral water. There was a reason for the no vinegar at certain stages and mineral water during others.....think it had something to do with the acidity level in your vaginal area changing according to where your menstrual cycle was at. I'm sure you can research it on the net as i read it a couple of years ago and didn't bookmark the site.

I read a post from somebody on these boards last year about using a mix of water and tea tree and apply it on the outside of the vaginal area. I have seen a tea tree cream for sale which is supposed to calm the itch, burning, pain, etc on the outside of the vaginal area associated with yeast infections etc.

When i went through my worst phase of yeast infections (about 6yrs ago now) i successfuly treated after taking an oral pill to combat the yeast in the stomach, acidophilus powder/pills, multivitamins, a strict diet of no sugar, yeast, alcohol, cafiene, dairy for 3 weeks straight. You need to starve and kill off the yeast in your stomach as just attempting to rid it in the vaginal area doesnt work for a lot of women and it only reoccurs and reoccurs. Best of luck with your treatments.

Closed Thread