It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #1

dazedblueyes86 HB User
fatigue before and during period...

I have a few questions...

1. Is it normal to have fatigue before and during your period? (By fatigue I mean I come home from school at 3:30 pm and sleep until at least 7:30-8 then sleep again from about 11-6:30, not to mention I am extremely tired all day...)

2. What can I do to remedy this problem?

I would really appreciate a response. Thanks...

Old 04-29-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
(female)

pjchik HB User
Re: fatigue before and during period...

Well, I'm personally always worn out a little before, during, and a little after my periods. But I don't really know if it's a normal thing or not. Do you have really heavy periods? Any clotting? If so, it may be possible that you're anemic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #3

always confuzed HB User

i am always sick my first day of period, tired for the whole time during. not to mention cranky, bloated, hungry etc lol.
i dont know what meds are good tho, pamprin and the like make me even sleepier so i wont take them. i just learn to deal with it and curse whoever crosses my path wrong LOL.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:38 PM   #4

dazedblueyes86 HB User

The thing is, I don't have really heavy periods or clotting, so I don't think I'm anemic...I've tried taking iron, but I don't think it is really helping. The other weird thing is, aside from an occasional cramp or bad mood (which are really rare for me), I have no other symptoms of PMS...no bloating, cravings, anything.

Old 04-29-2004, 06:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User

It wouldn't hurt to consult with a doc about this, but it sounds more like a hormone thing than a blood thing. Technically, if you look at the female cycle, the blood is lost in the two weeks after your period - that's when it starts building up in your uterus - not during your period. It just hangs out there and comes out in the fourth week. Your body is probably suffering from the absence of hormones that week. It sounds a little like normal period ickiness, but could be closer to PMDD. A doctor could help you to balance your hormones so that you might not feel so bad. Beware, though, things may get worse before they get better.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:15 PM   #6

msloquacious HB User

For some of the PMS symptoms, my friend told me to take Evening Primrose Oil. I haven't had a chance to pick any up yet, but I will probably give that a go the next time I'm on my period, as it is supposed to help w/the crankiness, the bloating, and the general sense of fatigue that I think most of us women get (lucky us!) every 4 weeks. Let me know if you try it before I do!

Closed Thread