It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2004, 04:19 PM   #1

cellery HB User
negative hpt, when should I test again?

My period is two days late. I took a Fact Plus Select pregnancy test last evening, box reads 99% accuracy and anytime day or night. The results were negative. How many days should I wait to test again? This is an unwanted pregnancy and I am petrified. I have been an irresponsible adult.

Old 05-03-2004, 05:21 PM   #2

lieblich_carla HB User
Re: negative hpt, when should I test again?

I would wait one week and test again. Well I cant say "I" because I am a obsesive tester.. but the best thing would be to wait a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2004, 06:23 PM   #3

greeksiren HB User

Don't panic just yet. Stress can delay your period big time, and chances are if this would be an unwanted pregnancy, you are highly stressed. Try to relax and wait a few days before testing again. I hope things work out the way you want them to.

Old 05-03-2004, 06:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Even though they say "anytime- you don't have to use first morning urine" I think the hormone concentrations are higher in first morning urine. Whatever day you decide on, I would take the test first thing in the morning.

Can you pinpoint when the intercourse was that could have caused the pregnancy? If you know that date that you were "irresponsible" (don't be too hard on yourself- almost everyone has been there), testing 14 days after that intercourse should give you definitive results, especially if you use a good "early response" type test. If you don't know, just wait another 7 days and see what happens.

I hope you get the answer you are looking for. Waiting to test, whether you're hoping for a positive or negative, is one of the worst feelings. Keep us posted.

Closed Thread