It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2004, 09:27 AM   #1
Inactive

lammys HB User
Stinging Breast Pain

I've been experiencing stinging breast pain on the top of my left breast. When I feel around the area, I can find a small lump, that doesn't move. Sometimes it feels like I have a bruise, just because it is so sensitive around the entire area. I've been to the Dr about this, and he said I have fibrocystic breasts, which can cause pain. I'm only 22 years old, but wonder if this kinda pain seems normal.

Old 05-14-2004, 04:37 AM   #2

kerryv HB User
Re: Stinging Breast Pain

I am interested to hear that someone else experience breast pain in one breast only. I am 31 and for five years have experienced pain, stinging, tingling, tenderness and lumpiness of every description in only one breast. I have had ultrasounds, and am now on Evening Primrose Oil which definitely helps, but still experience chronic pain, which sometimes even shoots through to my back and find it very worrying. I would be interested to hear if anyone else experiences this, or if anyone has found this to lead to anything more serious.

With regards your small lump, if I were you I would get a second opinion. If it is a definite lump, and not just lumpiness, then usually the doctor would suggest it be checked or removed. I could be wrong on this, but it sounds a bit odd.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2004, 08:41 AM   #3

Glory1029 HB User

I can relate to your problem. I was diagnosed with fibroid cysts in my breasts 2 years ago. I recently discovered a bruised spot under my right breast that feels more like it's the bone and not the breast at all.I went in a few weeks ago to have it looked at. They automatically wrote it off as the cysts but did a mamogram just in case. They couldn't find the spot so they did a sonogram.It was still undiscovered. So my questions continue to grow.
I have had the stinging, sharp, & dull pain since the cysts began to grow 2 years ago. I am so sorry that other women have to go through the same problems that I'm going through. I have ALMOST completely given up caffeine, some times I cheat and then pay for it when the cysts grow to egg size lumps in my breasts & armpits.I have to admit though that the worst pain for me is the extreme tenderness with my nipples.I have trouble with my bra touching them, or my seat belt in the car. Worst part is not being able to hold my children right, or embrassing my husband.
I apologize for running on and on, I hope that this situation might not be so terrifying for anyone else suffering, knowing someone else is dealing with weird breast pains too!

Old 05-20-2004, 06:44 PM   #4

SOUTHERN DIVA HB User

I have the exact same thing.Pain in just right breast.I am so scared>it is burning,stinging,shooting,chronic pain.last mammo and exam was 2 months ago,it was fine,but I live in fear of "serious breast problems".I am so glad to know I am not the only one with pain in one breast.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
(female)

Threestonegirls HB User
Unhappy Re: Stinging Breast Pain

I just started getting the stinging in my breasts in the last month or 2, it hurts so bad some times it takes my breath away, I haven't seen a Dr yet, kinda scared too, any thought and opinions , or any home remedies????

Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
(female)

STAYINALIVE8 HB User

About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with fibro breast disease. I am now 27. I had one of 9 lumps in my breast biopsied and came back fine. They did however remove that one because of size. I know the bruising and stinging can be extremly uncomfortable. I have yet to find anything that truly helps with it. I can only suggest using a heating pad for the bruising pain. Not always, but sometimes it can help ease it a bit.
I am sorry to hear so many other people experience this. Good luck to all!

Closed Thread