It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2004, 09:20 AM   #1

Godisgood HB User
Unhappy Bad Breath Has Altered My Personality:part 2

Hey guys the moderator said she closing out our old thread tomorrow because its too long... so I decided to start a new one.

I am sad that their closing that thread there was soo much info shared.

Kar..I'm not sure of the name. But you mentioned using ThreeLac...I really don't know if I have Canadia...the symtoms I have are Fecal or farty breath...horrible body odor and bad gas... I am doing a no sugar and no refined carbs diet...I'm 4 days into it. I notice a change in the overall taste in my mouth but not real change in the smell.
How long did she use the ThreeLac...until she it was gone?

Last edited by Godisgood; 06-10-2004 at 08:43 PM.

Old 06-11-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
(male)

BUSTED2 HB User
Re: Bad breath has changed my personality:Part 2

Man, don't u get it? This isn't real. It can't be this way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #3
Inactive

brandon48 HB User

godisgood, hows the diet coming along? any results yet?
keep us posted, I enjoy your daily updates.

Last edited by brandon48; 06-11-2004 at 03:44 PM.

Old 06-11-2004, 09:21 PM   #4

Godisgood HB User

Day Six
I had fish broccoli and cashews for dinner... 8 classes of water..at least for the day(I'm very proud of myself..haha). Brandon...its not going as well as I thought. There is a difference in taste in my mouth but my tongue still feels the same...rough, dry and smelly. To be honest I think both my breath and body odor is getting worse. I had an orientation I had to go to today... and I wanted to see if there was a difference in people's reaction. NOPE. I got soo sad about not seeing any results I decided to buy some wheatgrass...just to help move everything along.
I don't know...its only day six...but I just feel like if sugar and carbs are the problem why isn't there any improvement.

Brandon...thanks. Its hard to stick to this...everyone else at home are able eat whatever they want and I can't.

Pigman...I know you said that your breath was completely gone by the 3rd week...but did you experience any inprovment before then. A change in taste, feel of tongue..anything?

Old 06-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #5

Pigman HB User

No I didn't see results in my breath till after three weeks. If you are still getting cravings then the problem is still there. Your still eating meat though(fish) like I said on the third week I quit eating meat fish, chicken, turkey, beef then a couple days later my bad breath was gone but I'm not sure if it was that or other things I started doing because I'm eating some beef every once and a while now and I'm still fine. I think the main thing is just that I'm finally digesting my food better by taking enzymes and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before every meal and I'm not drinking anything 1/2 hour before or an hour and a 1/2 after I eat because it dilutes your stomach acid so food doesn't digest which will cause bad gas, which I always had before. Hopefully you ordered the ultra zyme plus or GOL's Omegazyme. Stick in there you should see good results just quit eating foods that cause you problems like if you notice your breath gets bad after eating it or gives you bad gas. If your gonna try the apple cider vinegar it's pretty harsh but I think the benifit is worth it.

Old 06-13-2004, 01:42 AM   #6
Inactive

tamtam25 HB User

hello pigman, great to know that you are still having the problem under control.

actually i would like to ask you how you check your own breath for smell cos i have always found this to be difficult. the traditional cup hands and breath methods is hardly accurate and sometimes i realise that even though my mouth feels and looks clean and my tongue pink and without coating, i still smell quite bad.

also, do you found that your breath smells bad before meals in the morning, like if you skip breakfast, do you find that it smells very bad?

thanks.

Old 06-13-2004, 03:02 AM   #7
(male)

BUSTED2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtam25
actually i would like to ask you how you check your own breath for smell cos i have always found this to be difficult. the traditional cup hands and breath methods is hardly accurate and sometimes i realise that even though my mouth feels and looks clean and my tongue pink and without coating, i still smell quite bad.
The traditional cup hands method isn't very good e.g. when someone has just washed his hands with some soap. I suggest u do it with something that has no smell.

My question:
What's the best way to know if you've got candida or not? I mean if someone's got a white coating it's doesn't necessarily mean that he's got candida, right?

Old 06-13-2004, 10:13 PM   #8

Pigman HB User

Best way I have found is to lick the back of your hand and smell sometimes you have to let it dry then smell it before you can tell. If you check again later in the day make sure you wash that part of your hand first because you could pick up some of the smell from the first time you licked it.

Busted2: Do a few searches on Candida symptoms see if most of them match the problems you're having then you might have candida. I'm not sure if there is a test a doctor can give you to determine if you have it.

Old 06-15-2004, 07:31 AM   #9

Godisgood HB User

Pigman
I stopped everything....I know. Everything was going fine...my cravings stopped at day 2...I stop taking the bovine cartilage and msm...they were causing me stomach pain everytime I took a pill. I'm still taking the enzymes. Pigman...I completey cut out everything for almost five days I wasn't eating anything but...beans and quinoia...that gave me extreme gas. I decided to add fish on the 6th day (friday) They said it was ok to eat that... saturday I went out and had the leftover fish. But let me say...the taste in my mouth was different...but the smell and my body odor remained...and just as strong. Sunday I woke up...extremely weak...I could barely make it to the kitchen...I had to eat something...I hadnt cooked anything...and the rest is history.

Pigman It really felt as if the smell was gone...from the taste in my mouth..but I still got reactions from my breath and body odor.

I'm going to by the threelac canadia defense...and start from there. Pigman go easy on me...I'm already beating myself up.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Old 06-15-2004, 11:59 AM   #10
Inactive

tamtam25 HB User

hello godisgood, you mentioned that it seemed like the taste is gone from your mouth but the smell is still there. well, i have that kind of experience sometimes. at times, you know that your breath stinks because you can feel it in your mouth and on your tongue, but sometimes it seems like there is nothing wrong and your mouth feels clean but there is still the smell, often even stronger than usual. i get that especially when i wake up in the mornings before breakfast.

i think maybe the smell doesn't really come directly from the mouth, in other words, it is not a mouth problem. i think it may be a digestive problem that leads to pH imbalance and other imbalances elsewhere in the body which causes an overgrowth of bacteria that in turn causes the problem. and depending on what you have been doing or eating, the imbalances in different parts of the body will differ from time to time, which is why at certain times the mouth will be fine, but it does not mean that the rest of the body is.

so maybe when you are just starting on a good diet, the mouth cleaning up is a first sign that changes are taking place, but since the rest of the body is still haywire, it may take a longer while for us to completely get rid of the smell. which is why people like pigman who have pressed on long enough have gotten great success. cheers.

this is only my own theory which i think fits a number of different medical theories of bad breath i have read, both western and chinese. some aspects may appear to contradict certain accepted facts put forth by the scientific world, such as how dr katz and others keep insisting that bb has nothing to do with the stomach. i might also choose to believe this if i was him, but the truth is his theory has many missing links, such as why there would be a sudden unexplained proliferation of bacteria in the mouths of some people but not others.

feel free to contradict my opinion, but the message is KEEP AT IT.

Old 06-15-2004, 01:20 PM   #11

Pigman HB User

Godisgood:Well I told you it was hard I did the same thing you did. Like I said you would be very weak and have huge cravings. If you use Threelac along with this diet it will speed the process up very fast. The only problem is threelac will make it seem like the problem is gone but if you continue to eat those bad foods it won't be cured it will just be covered up. I use Primal defense It's speeding up my recovery a lot but since I've only been sugar free for a couple months I'm gonna give it another month or two before I try any fruit. Which is no problem because my cravings are completely gone now. You were eating to much beans lol thats what caused all the gas. The main foods I found that didn't make my breath bad were brown rice, spelt, kamut and millet

Things that I believe cured me: First of all no sugar in any form or refined carbs. High potency enzymes I heard Pancreatic enzymes are better so I got those too "NOW" makes the best ones I've seen. Apple cider vinegar (raw and unfiltered)/Betaine Hydrochloride. I mainly have a couple mouthfuls of the ACV before I eat meat but if I'm eating out I'll take the betaine but it gives me a headache. Spry gum and mints these are made with xylitol which helps to actually fight the bacteria rather than cause it. Then Primal defense to help the body to recover, Threelac would probley be better but I already bought a case of Primal.

If you want a quick fix to cover it up while you get the will power to change your diet. Then Threelac, enzymes and Spry gum(100% xylitol gum) will do a pretty good job at it.

Old 06-15-2004, 04:24 PM   #12
Inactive

lovinglife00 HB User

Hello-
I agree that the bad breath is coming from the inside of the body in most cases. I've been using Corsodyl mouthwash and changed my diet to NO carbs and NO sugar and my BB went away by about 50% and has been gone for about 1 week or so. Well...I slipped and ate beeferoni (carbohydrate) the past two days and today I went to a job interview. WELL the BB returned all of a sudden at the interview!!! I was so embarrassed! I know it was the carbs because before the interview I used Colloidal Silver, Goldenseal, and Echinacea in my mouth to make SURE it was clean and OMG the BB came back when I got anxious at the interview. Well, that's it for carbs. No more carbs, sugar, or dairy for me...EVER. Needless to say, I think the interviewer really liked me, but I was still soooo embarrassed. I was hating every minute although I appeared REALLY positive. Actually I have to take a lower level job because of the bad breath. So sorry for the long post guys...just had to vent. I really like this board because everyone understands...

Old 06-15-2004, 06:51 PM   #13

Godisgood HB User

Today I had such a bad day. Someone made a point of letting me know that I had bad breath...and infront of everyone. I just feel sooo sad. Sometimes I really really really hate myself. I don't know what to do anymore. Changing my diet doesn't help high priced products don't help. I came back home so upset...I almost broke up out in tears right there. I didn't I waited until I was home.

Pigman...I plan to stay away from sugar and refined carbos... but I just felt soo bad Sunday. I plan on ordering the Threelac...has anyone use the it with any results? And has anyone heard of Dioxirinse?

I'm just feeling really alone!

Old 06-16-2004, 09:25 AM   #14
Inactive

tamtam25 HB User

godisgood and other guys, do you all have thick tongue coatings and a sticky feeling on your tongues?

actually i wanted to suggest that seeing a chinese doctor, one that practises traditional chinese medicine. i have doing alot of research on it and i realised that bb is a recognised symptom in traditional chinese medicine that indicates a certain abnormality in the body that can be corrected. it may take a while and you have to be certain to find an experienced and qualified doctor, but i think it's worth a try.

Last edited by tamtam25; 06-16-2004 at 09:26 AM.

Old 06-16-2004, 04:33 PM   #15
Inactive

lovinglife00 HB User

Hi TamTam-
I think you're on to something because I heard that CHinese Bitters and/or Swedish Bitters helps alot with bad breath. Both are for digestion and I've heard that BB can come from incomplete or bad digestion plus yeast in the body. I haven't tried the Chinese or Swedish Bitters though.

Last edited by lovinglife00; 06-16-2004 at 04:45 PM.

Closed Thread