It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2004, 08:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Yeast infection, burning for weeks after

I had a yeast infection a couple weeks ago. The monistat did not work to get rid of it. I took diflucan and it seems to be gone now. I feel totally fine until I have sex then it burns inside. My doctor had described to me before that a yeast infection burns the skin and it takes time to heal. Anyone else have that problem where they can tell the yeast infection is gone but burning inside lasted for weeks after. It was like this last time too. I think it took about a month or two to really heal and feel totally fine after the last yeast infection I had.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

~Tyger~ HB User
Re: Yeast infection, burning for weeks after

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem as you! I'm relieved to hear that you had lingering pain after the yeast infection, I thought I must have some greater, more serious problem cos' the pain during sex won't go away. Its ONLY during sex though, I feel fine the rest of the time.
So this could just be like irritation still from the yeast infection? I treated it about 4 weeks ago, and had a doc do a smear last week which showed the infection has cleared.

I was worried I had vulvodynia or vestibulitis. I think in some cases they can prop up after a yeast infection. How long did your last one take to heal?

Tyger.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2004, 10:11 PM   #3
(female)

dlamb7877 HB User

Your sexual partner may need to apply some Monistat topically to themselves. Ask him if he has felt itching or irritation. He may be reinfecting you. Men feel the effects of yeast infections too.

Old 07-24-2004, 06:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

The last time it took at least a month it might have been two. It seemed like a long time. I just remember going back to the doctor because it still burned to have sex and that's when he explained how it burns the skin and takes time to heal. They tested me and I was clear also. I am going to make my husband wear condoms for a while just to make sure I am not getting reinfected at all. I don't think that is what is happening but I just want this to go away. It's interfering with my summer fun also. I have gotten infections from lake water before but not for a long time. Well now I do not want to go in the water at all because I am afraid it will make it come back.

Old 07-25-2004, 06:13 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

~Tyger~ HB User

I know how annoying it is...I'm going completely nuts over this too... i just want the pain to stop interferring with sex.
My boyfriend treated himself with anti-fungal creams so he hasn't reinfected me.
Kari, last time this happened to you, did you do anything in particular to help the pain go away? Or did it just fade over time. Did you have to stop having sex?
Also, I was wondering if you could try to describe what the pain feels like, if its deep inside like near the cervix, or more near the entrance?
Mine is pain during penetration generally, it feels like pain on the front wall of my vagina, not too deep but in the 'canal' sort of. Its a bit like a burn, or a 'graze' feeling, its usually sharp pain followed by a kind of ache as we have sex.
Its fine almost immediately after sex.
Does this sound like yours? Thanks for your help

Tyger.

Old 07-25-2004, 08:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I did not do anything to make it go away or ease the pain last time. There was really nothing I could do. It faded in time. I did have sex less often to give the skin time to heal. I would say once a week I would try and see if the burning was gone or not. It burns a little deeper inside. He can go in just a little and it does not burn but once he goes deeper then to me it feels like fire. No sharp pains just burning. It will burn for just a little bit after also. Another good thing to do is avoid sugar. Too much sugar can cause a yeast infection. I was eating some cantelope the other day and then had a banana. Both were pretty sugary. The next day it felt like the infection might be coming back. So I stopped with all sugary foods and the day after that felt better again.

Closed Thread