It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 01:59 PM   #1
(female)

KooKoo HB User
Unhappy have i been violated by the gyno

i'm 20 yrs old and just started going to a different gyno. my mom trusts and goes to this one. i went to 2 other gynos before and was not happy w/them. The nurse was in teh room the whole time, so if this wasn't normal i think she woudl have said something, but i'm not sure.

however, i went for a check up w/him and after the pap smear and speculum thing, he stuck his finger inside my vagina (w/gloves and ky lube on, of course) and then....stuck his finger in my anus! i was shocked! My previous gynos never did this and my mom said he never did that to her. HSo, was this a normal procedure or was he violating me? I felt really disgusted and embaressed. My anus was all wet from the lube and it felt uncomfortable that it made me walk funny until all the lube came out eventually.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
Re: have i been violated by the gyno

Hi,

They do that sometimes...I've never had one do this, yet thank god, but usually, they are suppossed to tell you if they plan on doing an anal exam. But that's normal, he wasn't out of line, just not as professional as he should have been, by not telling you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2004, 02:28 PM   #3

SpeisFamily HB User

Every so often my GYN does that to me too. When he sticks his finger in your vagina and pushes on your belly he is checking the front of your uterous, and when he sticks his finger in your anus he is checking the back of your uterous. I have fibroid tumors and until I got them removed they did this to me at every pap. Sometimes womens vagina prolapses into their rectum and the only way to see how bad it is, is to feel. Because this was your first visit with him he may have been just checking to make sure all was good and probably won't do it again unless he feels something or you complain of discomfort. You were not violated, this was just to make sure all is well with you, even though it is uncomfortable, it is better to get checked now and to catch cancer early then to get checked later when cancer is unrepairable.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
(female)

KooKoo HB User

hi thanks to both of you that replied. i feel a lot better now that i know this was normal. <phew> thanks again.

Old 07-30-2004, 11:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KooKoo
i'm 20 yrs old and just started going to a different gyno. my mom trusts and goes to this one. i went to 2 other gynos before and was not happy w/them. The nurse was in teh room the whole time, so if this wasn't normal i think she woudl have said something, but i'm not sure.

however, i went for a check up w/him and after the pap smear and speculum thing, he stuck his finger inside my vagina (w/gloves and ky lube on, of course) and then....stuck his finger in my anus! i was shocked! My previous gynos never did this and my mom said he never did that to her. HSo, was this a normal procedure or was he violating me? I felt really disgusted and embaressed. My anus was all wet from the lube and it felt uncomfortable that it made me walk funny until all the lube came out eventually.
I've been to my gyno about twice this year once for a pap smear and once for a pelvic exam due to pain both times he used his fingers to feel inside.It's very normal he is checking for abnormalities of your ovaries and other reproductive organs although I've never had him stick a finger in my anus before. But every gyno is diffrent but it does sound to me like this one will be better for you if the other two had never done this before I always thought it was routine.

Old 07-30-2004, 11:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Yes - Totally normal. They sometimes take a swab of the inside of your anus and check for other problems.

Old 07-30-2004, 07:14 PM   #7
(female)

Verucalise HB User

The first time I ever visited a gynocologist, was when I was pregnant! After take a pap smear, doing the usual check ups, she then proceeded to take a glove off, put a new one on, slab a whole bunch of KY on her finger, and said she was going to stick her finger in my anus... something about checking the size of my birth canal... (I was hysterical at that point) I begged her not to, but she said, "Relax... It won't feel so bad, I have had it done many times..." (OK times hysterical by a million) (And, I didn't need to know that!) But, I survived to tell the tale...

Verucalise

P.S. I WILL NEVER LET ANYONE DO THAT TO ME AGAIN.

Old 07-30-2004, 07:53 PM   #8
(female)

Kaycee41 HB User

The gyno I had years ago always did an anal exam. The one I have now asks if you have had any bowel problems, if not he says "we'll skip the anal exam then". Like everyone, I hate having it done, but I would hate it more if there was a problem and they didn't find it cause they skipped that part of the exam. Your doctor was in no way being inappropriate.

Old 07-31-2004, 05:12 AM   #9
(female)

crowgirl HB User

When I went to the gyno for the first time, she gave me an anal exam, too, instead of a vaginal one, because I was only about 14 at the time and still a virgin.

HTH!

Old 07-31-2004, 08:35 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Platinum33 HB User

I can imagine how you feel. I've never had this done by either of the gynos I had. I am definitely against having a male gyno....it makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I KNOW that they can find something better to do with their time than getting free feels all day long! Anywho, I love the gyno I'm with because before she does anything down there at all, she tells me what she is going to do, and as she is doing it, she tells me step by step what she is about to do and doing and how it seems to her. But yeah, I have heard of gynos doing an anal exam during the pap test. I guess I made it out lucky...even through my pregnancy.
Baby Girl born June 4th @ 9:41pm

Old 08-03-2004, 08:01 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

I have been to two different gyno's and I have had about 4 pap smears. Everytime they both did that. Anal and Vaginally. It is really uncomfy but that is what they do. They make sure that you have no cysts or polyps that they can feel. It's way normal!

Old 08-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User

This post made me laugh! The same thing happened to me a couple years back. I have always had the same gyno and had an ovarian cyst so I was pretty used to the procedure. Anyway, I didn't have insurance at the time so I went to the local health department. And sure enough, he put his finger in my anus. The whole drive home I was disgusted and surprised. I told my boyfriend and then let it go. It was nice to see this post so I know that it was normal he did this since I never did figure it out. I know the feeling I had when it happened to me. I felt violated to and swore I'd never go back there again.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:45 PM   #13
(female)

KarynLR HB User

I wonder what the protocol is for doing an anal exam. I am 21, and have been having annual exams since I was 16 and on OTC. I know the anal exam was always a possibility, but even seeing 2 gyns within the practice, I never had this done. I wouldn't be worried though. It's interesting to note that when ***** describes a pelvic exam, they say that "sometimes, the doctor will insert a lubricated, gloved finger into your anus..." I don't think all gyns do this.

Closed Thread