It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2004, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

buffy49719 HB User
Vomiting before period????

Last month and this month about a week before I start my period I have been getting nausea and vomiting every other day or so. And before that for about 3 months a week before my period my stomch would gurgle alot and I would get diarrhea. I know I am not pregnant so that is not the cause for the vomiting, but it ONLY happens about a week before my period. Last night I threw up so much I was dry heaving and I threw up this very acidic stuff, I'm not sure what to call it but it was very gross. Anybody ever had this happen to them? Any info would help sooo much...thanks in advance!

Old 08-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

mangohead HB User
Re: Vomiting before period????

actually for me, i get cramps, backache and i vomit all on the first day of my period..it really sucks but good thing it only lasts one day..iono but rarely do i get diarreah. it has happened before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2004, 06:43 AM   #3
(female)

buffy49719 HB User

I don't have any cramping at all when this happens, I just get nausea and then vomit. I started taking pepto and that has helped a lot, but it only happens a week before my period.

Old 08-02-2004, 07:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Maybe it is a hormonal thing. I believee that nausea in pregnancy is due to a spike in hormones and as they level off, you feel better. Maybe when your period is on its way, you have more hormones. Just a guess.

Old 08-02-2004, 09:54 AM   #5
(female)

buffy49719 HB User

wow i've never thought of that before..is there any vitamin i could take to balance it out? or would i have to see a doctor for somehting like that?

Old 08-02-2004, 01:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

I don't know. I was just taking a guess. You could talk to your gyno/doctor about it. They may be able to help you. I have heard that pregnant women take vitamin B6 to help with nausea (I didn't have it that bad), but you better check into that before you take it.

Good luck.

Last edited by blue_eyed_girl; 08-02-2004 at 01:38 PM.

Old 12-12-2004, 01:25 AM   #7

Krayzie_Bone HB User
Lightbulb Re: Vomiting before period????

I know exactly what u mean!!! I thought I was the only one who was like this! I don't know anybody else who said they get nausea or an acidic stomach before their period! Wassup wit that!?? Two weeks or one week before my period, I get nauseated, a fever, feel fatigued, can't sleep, my stomach is very acidic and makes all kinds of noises. I used to think I was juss getting food poisoning every month, until I figured it out LOL. Sometimes the nausea and everything is soooo bad. But sometimes I hardly have any symptoms at all, and sometimes I get no symptoms at all. But lately I have been having lots of symptoms for 2 weeks or 1 week before. And what makes it even worse is that I get symptoms BEFORE my period, and when I'm ON my period, I have symptoms too!!!! Even though the symptoms kinda die down when the period actually starts, it's still horrible! That only gives us how many days in a MONTH to actually feel good!!!?? I can't take this, this is hell on earth! I've been taking vitamins too. What is it that causes all the
nausea? What chemical? It'z amazing how something so simple can make u feel so awful!

Old 12-12-2004, 10:48 AM   #8

jazzz29 HB User

Try taking ginger capsules. They really help my nausea.

Old 12-12-2004, 01:05 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

I go through the same thing...Nausea, vomiting, severe cramping to where I am bed ridden, pale, fatigue, you name it. I take Naproxen. It is a prescription. Been on this pill for YEARS !!! As for the nausea......it doesn't help the nausea, at least not for me. I think I will try the ginger capsules.

Closed Thread