It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 02:43 PM   #1
Inactive

honeeey HB User
Period comes every two/three weeks!!!:(

My period has started coming every 2/3 weeks over the past 2 months...what's wrong?! Will it go back to normal soon, or should I see a doctor...I'm 16 and I've been having periods for 3 years now, and it has always been regular...
I've got my period again, eventhough I had it 2 weeks ago!(2!)...do I need to see a doctor, or will it go away? Has anybody had the same problem???

Old 08-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Re: Period comes every two/three weeks!!!:(

Is it just some light spotting or bleeding enough that last several days and is heavy like a real period? You might just be ovulating and it isn't uncommon to bleed a bit for a day or so.

It can't hurt to call your doctor just to set your mind at ease if it keeps happening.

At your age, stress, anxiety; or just about anything can upset your hormones and they might just be out of whack. Still, call your doctor and make an appointment if it's really bothering you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 07:01 PM   #3
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

I agree with Dianek. Checking with your doc just in case is a good idea, but I wouldn't worry about it all that much. When I was 16, my period was hardly ever normal.

Old 08-05-2004, 09:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianek
Is it just some light spotting or bleeding enough that last several days and is heavy like a real period? You might just be ovulating and it isn't uncommon to bleed a bit for a day or so.

It can't hurt to call your doctor just to set your mind at ease if it keeps happening.

At your age, stress, anxiety; or just about anything can upset your hormones and they might just be out of whack. Still, call your doctor and make an appointment if it's really bothering you.
I too agree with Dianek to put your mind at ease call your doc. Wow Dianek you are really smart.

Old 08-06-2004, 05:56 AM   #5

Lady_Raven HB User

That used to happen to me. At one point for about a month my period didn't go away at all. I was on the pill and the doctor put me on a pill that was stronger to "hold my period" or something like that better.

When you have an irregular period the doctor usually puts you on the pill to regulate it if you're comfortable with it. I had to go on the pill when I was 16 for health reasons and it worked wonders for regulating my period. So I agree to check in with your doc!

Old 08-06-2004, 08:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User

Thanks for the compliment alleycat! I've had so many similar experiences to a lot of the problems being posted here; so my own ob/gyn has educated me on why many of these symptoms happen.

Old 08-06-2004, 06:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

this happened to my daughter last year, although she was 12 and had recently started her period. it was coming every 2 weeks. i took her to the gyn and they said that it was not normal, and she could become anemic, which could be dangerous. they put her on some kind of med for i think it was 10 days....i think???? it was progesterone, but cant quite remember. i would definitely check with your gyn about this. in the meantime, you need to be taking iron....this is what my daughter's gyn told her....as she was losing iron since she was bleeding so often.

Closed Thread