It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 02:25 AM   #1
(female)

Zipity HB User
Tampons leak!! Help!

Every time I have my period, I end up using a tampon AND a pad. It's not that my flow is really heavy, it's weird, it's like the blood is somehow completely "missing" the tampon and just coming out! Am I maybe just shaped funny and tampons just don't really work for me? Is the blood maybe just following the folds of my vagina instead of soaking into the tampon? It's weird. My flow is normal. It will leak out onto the pad, but I will take the tampon out, and it's almost completely dry!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 02:57 AM   #2

rowncris HB User
Re: Tampons leak!! Help!

I have had this problem before. Are you pretty dry inside when you put the tampon in? If you are dry it may not be sitting right with your body. When I notice that I am dry when this happens I simply get some lubricant or something that will make the applicator slide alot easier and alos get me from being so dry and the tampon sits nicer and also absorbs the way it should. I wish I knew why myself but I have done that and it seems to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 03:11 AM   #3
(female)

Zipity HB User

Hmm, I don't think so. I think it does it anytime really, dry or not. I mean, I know I have it in right, I can't feel it once it's in, it's comfortable, but it just doesn't seem to work! lol I don't know, I've gotten used to the pad, it doesn't bother me anymore really, but I wish I didn't have to wear one.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:20 PM   #4
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

Have you tried using a cup instead?
I used to have to use tampons and pads due to extreamly heavy periods, I switched over to a Mooncup which totally changed my life! I can leave it in for 12 hours without any leaking because they keep so much fluid and create a seal which prevents blood comming out, also unlike tampons they have no health risks assosiated with them what so ever so they are very good for your health and the environment.
I'd definatly recomend Divacup, they let you try them for up to a year, if you don't like them then you can just send it back and get your money back.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
(female)

Zipity HB User

Wow, yeah I've seen those cup things, and I dunno. I'm a little iffy about using them. lol Aren't they kind of BIG to be shoving up there? And are they absorbant or do you have to "empty" them out after each use?

Old 08-11-2004, 03:49 PM   #6
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

Cups aren't that big, they fold up and slide in very easily and once inserted you can't feel them at all. You empty them out, they can be left in for between 8-12 hours, so I normally just empty them when I go in the shower at the end of the day.
They are defiantly worth trying, I really wish I had known about them in high school, they would have saved me SOOOO much embarrassment from leaking with pads and tampons.

Old 08-11-2004, 04:04 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Platinum33 HB User

Hey, my tampons weren't necessarily dry, but blood was working it's way around the sides. I switched to OB tampons. They swell to fit you personally. And I don't use the ones with the applicator because on the ones with out, you can fan out the bottom before you put it in, just to give it a head start in expanding.

I know there are tampons out there that claim to expand to fit you, but I've tried a few brands and OB is the only one that has worked for me. The others keep their original shape. And then there's always that wet feeling. You don't want that. lol
Baby Girl born June 4th @ 9:41pm

Closed Thread