It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 06:26 PM   #1

smrg22 HB User
Unexplained Vaginal burning / painful urination

For the past 3 months I have been experiencing intense vaginal burning and painful urination. The burning feels internal, more on the urethra. For the first month of the infection I also experienced urination urgency and frequency, it felt almost like a bladder infection. Although the frequency and urgency has subsided the constant burning and painful urination has not. This infection began shortly after I started having sex with a new partner. I have not had sex for the last 3 months, because this seems to make the infection much worse. I was fully screened for STDís (twice since the infection), all came back negative and my papsmear is normal. There is no sign of an overgrowth of yeast and no discharge. I have had urine cultures taken 3 times over the last 3 months and there is no sign of bacteria or infection. (I have had a lifetime battle with UTIs). I saw a urologist and he performed a castostopy, there was no visible inflammation or ulcers on my bladder or urethra.

I was coming off of 6 months of taking depo-provera around the same time that my symptoms started. My period has not yet returned. My gyno gave me estrogen suppositories, this has provided some relief of the constant burning, but makes urination more painful. I have eliminated coffee, sugar and flour from my diet. I have cut down alcohol consumption to 2-3 drinks a week. The rest of my body feels better, but not the burning. Iíve been seeing an acupuncturist once a week, which seems to help a little. Iíve seen 2 GPs, a gyno and a urologist, they are all stumped, but they all seem to think it will just go away on its own. After 3 months I am losing hope. I am really worried and really uncomfortable. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2007, 11:31 PM   #2
(female)

cgreen06 HB User
Re: Unexplained Vaginal burning / painful urination

i am having the same issues... i recently had sex with my boyfriend, which he is a new partner, i havent been with anyone in about a month before him... i was supposed to get my Depo-provera shot in august and i didnt because i couldnt afford it. I started feeling this way two days ago right after i had sex with him. i have a burning sensation when i urinate and its very painful, as well as the area around my vagina is swollen and it hurts... it feels as though i did something to it and i dont know what it is, or how i got it. i just want to get rid of it, and i dont know how, i dont know what to do and i cant afford to go to the doctors... would you be able to help me at all??

The Following User Says Thank You to cgreen06 For This Useful Post:
jijimoon (07-12-2012)
Closed Thread