It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 09:13 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ducttape1000 HB User
tampon lost inside me!?

i'm not sure if this is possible...i put a tampon in thursday evening. i went to the bar, came home, and went to sleep. friday morning i woke up and i went to take my tampon out but i could not find the string or the tampon! my underwear was not bloody or anything. i tried to stick another tampon in thinking i would "feel" the old tampon. i could get the new tampon in like normal. is it possible to fit two tampons up there. did i just push the old one way up there? also, since friday night my stomach hurts and i have diarhea. im scared my tampon is lost and i have tss. i suppose i might have taken it out when i was drunk at the bar and just forgot.

Old 08-29-2004, 11:00 AM   #2

jas1980 HB User
Re: tampon lost inside me!?

It's possible to put two up there. A girlfriend of mine did that before. We ended up taking her to the emergency room, because like you she wasn't sure if it was there or not. But, it was there.
I would suggest going to the emergency room or asking someone if they can help you get it out. Not only for fear of Toxic Shock, but also because it starts to smell REALLY bad if it's up there too long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2004, 03:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

reni HB User

Sure, it's possible to put two tampons in your vagina.. you could actually fit a whole bunch in there. There is no need to panic. The tampon can't travel anywhere, so if you didn't take it out, it's in your vagina. Stick your fingers in and feel around. If you can't get them all the way in there, try squatting.

You HAVE to get it out if it's in there. I doubt you have TSS, but you will give yourself an infection if you leave it there.

Old 08-29-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User

As the previous poster suggested, you should be able to stick your finger up there and feel if there were anything in there. It has no where to go but out, believe me. Chances are, you took it out and don't recall, or it even fell out while urinating. If you've never had kids, I doubt you would be able to fit two tampons in and not feel it. I've given birth twice and can't fit two up there...but everyone is different. I really think you took it out and just don't remember.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

One time I forgot to take a tampon out and just inserted another one in there. I could not tell the other one was in there at all. I have never had children. I did not know this was going on for about two days. It started to smell very very bad. I did not know what the smell was from but I thought well maybe I had forgot to take my tampon out. It was way up in there. It kindof hurt to get it out. I had to use about 3 fingers inserted as far as I could to get it out because I could not find the string. It smelled like death when I finally got it out. I luckily did not get any kind of infection at all. I use the OB tampons and they are shorter then the Tampax so I think that is why I was able to insert two in there without noticing.

Old 08-30-2004, 10:21 AM   #6
(female)

nychaos99 HB User

this is at the wrong post

Last edited by nychaos99; 07-26-2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: no longer around

Old 08-30-2004, 12:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Terri43 HB User

This has happened to me before, Try douching the weight of the liquid will help it to drop down so you can get your fingers on it. good luck

Closed Thread