It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 12:02 PM   #1

Sporty37 HB User
Question fear of tampons

has any1 else ever been afraid of tampons I Have tried to use them more than once.. and have no problem inserting them but once its in I get nervous and take it out almost immediatly...

Old 08-31-2004, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

bm28 HB User
Re: fear of tampons

Never had that problem. I praise the wonderful individual who invented them. I think they are one the greatest things ever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 01:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

Yep I'm even worse than you are and can't get them in I'm sure if I actually succeeded I'd be a little freaked out...

Old 08-31-2004, 01:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

reni HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty37
has any1 else ever been afraid of tampons I Have tried to use them more than once.. and have no problem inserting them but once its in I get nervous and take it out almost immediatly...
Nervous about what?

Old 08-31-2004, 03:17 PM   #5
(female)

mystiq86 HB User

Why exactly are you afraid of tampons? They're one of the greatest things ever invented.

Old 08-31-2004, 06:59 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

sporty,

When I was in high school, I had a friend that absolutely terrified of tampons. Her reason was this:her hymen (sp?) was still intact and that when she tried to put a tampon in once, it was painful b/c her hymen was in the way. ????? I know that sounds crazy, but that is what she told me. Plus, she was afraid that she wouldn't be a virgin anymore once she put it in. Do you think you're-this may sound strange-"violating" yourself by putting one in? When I first started my period, I wouldn't even CONSIDER using tampons. I was scared. Scared it would hurt, scared something would "happen" (what, I don't know), and I thought only "experienced girls" used tampons. But I finally just tried it one day, and I couldn't believe what I was missing. They are the best thing. My advice-sit down and ask yourself why you're afraid and then basically, "answer" yourself. That's what I had to do. If you decide to go ahead and try it again, just relax while you're doing it.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:57 AM   #7

Tinkerbells HB User

You arn't the only one out there! Im 22 yrs old and I've never used a tampon. Do I want to NO. See if I've never used them then I don't know what Im missing so its normal for me. Pads are good! I don't want to stick them in me and just walk around with them inside me. Kinda scary but Thats just my opinion! Everyone is different!

Old 09-01-2004, 08:22 AM   #8
(female)

bm28 HB User

Tinkerbells-seriously you can't even feel it at all!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2004, 08:28 AM   #9

surenitynow HB User

i think for a year or so after i got my period i didnt want to use tampons...i was scared and thought it was kind of a weird thought, (i also thought i would be able to feel it in me too) and i tried once and couldnt get it in and didnt know how...then a younger friend of mine was like "what?!you should try them there so much better"...and i thought well if she uses them i can too.... basically i didnt know how to put them in and my friend and my mom told me what to do.. and i think there alot better, on light days i will still use a pad though..if your not sure how to use them just ask someone, because if your not doing it right it might not go in and will hurt a little bit (thats what scared me at first)..but once you know how its reallly easy.. .. .. (on a side note,i did notice that they were easier to put in once i lost my virginity, yea maybe that had something to do with it)

but there good because you dont really have to think about your period, you can move around freely and wear any clothes without worrying about your pad...i dont know, i think girls should at least try it sooner or later.

Last edited by surenitynow; 09-01-2004 at 08:30 AM.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #10

Inez HB User
Thumbs up Re: fear of tampons

The key is to relax, don't tense up. Good luck.

Old 09-03-2004, 05:58 AM   #11

Sporty37 HB User

i donno what i am really worried about I think the storys of the strings comming off or similer storys I really dont know.... thanks every1

Old 09-03-2004, 07:08 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

You can still get it out if the string comes out (which has never happened to me or anyone else I know, by the way). The vagina is not a neverending hole! A tampon can only go so far up in there and then it will reach the cervix and won't be able to go any further. Most women, if not all, can touch their cervix with their finger. It's a matter of inches, not miles.

Old 09-03-2004, 06:03 PM   #13
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

If you have an issue with tampons perhaps try using something else, pads, sponges or cups? I certainly don't agree with posters who say they are the greatest things in the world, they are safe however increase risk of infection, generally painful to put in and take out, and have to be changed every few hours.

Closed Thread