It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 10:28 PM   #1

Hailey_19 HB User
Question white discharge without a yeast infection?

I dont itch, I dont have burning urination, there isnt excessive discharge...however, occasionally, a week or so before my period, I will have whitish dishcharge gather around my vaginal opening. Honestly...I can remember having this as a kid. It does not smell like bread...it basically smells like, well...vagina Gross stuff I know...but is this a yeast infection or not, usually when I hear of people having them, their pesky and sometimes painful. help?=X

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 11:05 PM   #2
(female)

meersee HB User
Re: white discharge without a yeast infection?

No it doesn't sound like you have a yeast infection. It is natural to have discharge as your body's natural way of cleansing itself. The same thing happens to me. No worries.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 10:43 PM   #3
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

Yeahh this is normal! Certain times of the month your discharge will be thicker.. other times thinner! nothin to worry about.. ive even heard of people with somewhat lumpy discharge like a yeast infection has, but it was not one!

Old 09-23-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
(female)

NinjaCowboy HB User

I'm not positive, but I think it's just mucous from your cervix. Especially if it always happens at the same time during your cycle.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:13 PM   #5
(female)

BeachGurlie HB User

Usually that happens when you are ovulating. Hope that helps!

Old 09-24-2004, 01:24 PM   #6
Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

I would defiantly say this is going to be cervical mucus, this occurs around the time of ovulation in order to aid sperm in reaching the egg - sperm normally dies within a few hours because of your vaginas natural cleaning functions and because of it's acid PH, cervical fluid can help the sperm survive up to 5 days by giving it something to survive in within the vagina.
This is normally egg-white/clear in colour, often you will find yourself feeling rather slimy during this time (a sensation as if you have started your period), this will feel slimy to the touch and often stretchy, this will also likely show up on your underwear as a circle rather than ‘skid mark’ looking discharge patterns.
Nothing at all gross with the smell of your vagina, lovely and natural, much better than trying to wash it with soap or mask it with sprays…which usually end in it really smelling gross!
I would recommend, if you have a bit of cash to spare get ‘Taking Charge of your Fertility’ by Toni Weschler Vermilion – this is a book on Fertility Awareness Method (FAM), not just good for contraception or conceiving but very good for general women’s health – something ALL women should know about.

Closed Thread