It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 09:15 AM   #1

shadricks2004 HB User
Metrogel and Bacterial Vag.

Good day to everyone! My name is Shirley and I have been dealing with BV for the last 2 months. If you want to be technical, I think this has been my problem for the last 2 years.

I'll start from more recent: I was diagnosed with BV in July, Garnerella bacteria. Doctor gave me metrogel. Took metrogel for 4 days, on day 4 I noticed a heavy discharge, white colored-clumpy, not itiching or smell. The stuff was literally falling out of me. Went back to the Doctor and she prescribed diflucan, said I could have yeast infection. One week ago, same symptoms showed up again due to me douching (stupid me) and went to another doctor who said I had BV (Gardnerella) again, gave me metrogel. Used metrogel for 5 days and I'm noticing the same white, clumpish stuff in me.

Pardon the grossness, if I insert my finger in vag., I can feel the clumpy stuff. I have not completed the prescription, which I was suppose to take for 7 days.

Has anyone else experienced this, what is going on. Is there something else I can take? Any suggestions?

Also, does BV signal something else going on in the system.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 01:48 PM   #2

happytiggers HB User
Re: Metrogel and Bacterial Vag.

From what I've been told, the white clumpy discharge after metrogel is normal and that it's the sloughing of the vaginal cells. I would continue the metrogel & if the discharge doesn't go away after a week or 2, see your doc again. I've been told that BV is not a symptom of anything else, but once you have BV, it tends to come back time & time again!

Good Luck...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 11:08 PM   #3

shlllbybaine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadricks2004
Good day to everyone! My name is Shirley and I have been dealing with BV for the last 2 months. If you want to be technical, I think this has been my problem for the last 2 years.

I'll start from more recent: I was diagnosed with BV in July, Garnerella bacteria. Doctor gave me metrogel. Took metrogel for 4 days, on day 4 I noticed a heavy discharge, white colored-clumpy, not itiching or smell. The stuff was literally falling out of me. Went back to the Doctor and she prescribed diflucan, said I could have yeast infection. One week ago, same symptoms showed up again due to me douching (stupid me) and went to another doctor who said I had BV (Gardnerella) again, gave me metrogel. Used metrogel for 5 days and I'm noticing the same white, clumpish stuff in me.

Pardon the grossness, if I insert my finger in vag., I can feel the clumpy stuff. I have not completed the prescription, which I was suppose to take for 7 days.

Has anyone else experienced this, what is going on. Is there something else I can take? Any suggestions?

Also, does BV signal something else going on in the system.
The white clumpy stuff is normal from metro gel i was told by doc that it was the infection coming out, i know it is nasty though..She also said that it tends to be reaccuring some woman just cant seem to get rid of it but for a few months then it comes back, its crazy...Good Luck
Michelle

Old 09-25-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlllbybaine
The white clumpy stuff is normal from metro gel i was told by doc that it was the infection coming out, i know it is nasty though..She also said that it tends to be reaccuring some woman just cant seem to get rid of it but for a few months then it comes back, its crazy...Good Luck
Michelle
I've had BV but from my understanding I had to take it for 5-days twice a day. Or you can take it orally twice a day for 7-days I believe. BV tends to happen to any woman by something that disrupts the PH Balance in the vagina, also sex causes it when a male c*mís inside of a woman and then with the whole monthly period cycle. (Thatís how I tend to get them). Someone suggested to me to use anti-bacterial soap and make sure your partner uses it as well before and after sex. Hope this helps.

Old 09-27-2004, 07:23 AM   #5

shadricks2004 HB User

Thank you all for your comments and help. I went to the urgent care clinic on Saturday and they did the culture thing, also testing for other stuff as well. This time I think I have a yeast infection, and now my boyfriend also notices tingling and he is also raw like around the head and ridge of his penis. He is going to the doctor today. Urrrgh, when I was coming up, I use to always hear people whispering about women having Female Problems, I guess this is this what they were talking about.

I hate it. It could be worse, alot worse. Thank God it's not.

Have a great day everyone!.

Shirley

The following user gives a hug of support to shadricks2004:
cherryslush (01-17-2012)
Closed Thread