It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2004, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

annafcolbrie HB User
Unhappy haemophilus influenza bacteria found in vagina

A couple of weeks ago I had a strange discharge. I made an appointment with my midwife because I was due for my annual checkup anyway. I went in for my appointment last wednesday, by that time the discharge was gone but my midwife did a culture test just in case. Today I got a call from the nurse who tells me that I have a growth of haemophilus influenza bacteria in the vagina. I'm getting some medication for it but this sounds strange to me. Anyone ever had that?
Also, the day after my midwife appointment I got a sore throat and I've been sick since. I'm wondering if the same bacteria is the cause? I don't have a regular Dr yet because we just moved here 2 months ago so I don't really have anyone to call for advise. I'm a little concerned because I have 2 toddlers that I stay home with during the day and even though they have received the Hib vaccine I'm nervous they could get sick. Hib can be very dangerous to children and can lead to meningitis.
Does anyone know anything about this bacteria? And how did I get it in my vagina to begin with?
Help!

Anna

Old 02-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

Frankielee1998 HB User
Re: haemophilus influenza bacteria found in vagina

Quote:
Originally Posted by annafcolbrie View Post
A couple of weeks ago I had a strange discharge. I made an appointment with my midwife because I was due for my annual checkup anyway. I went in for my appointment last wednesday, by that time the discharge was gone but my midwife did a culture test just in case. Today I got a call from the nurse who tells me that I have a growth of haemophilus influenza bacteria in the vagina. I'm getting some medication for it but this sounds strange to me. Anyone ever had that?
Also, the day after my midwife appointment I got a sore throat and I've been sick since. I'm wondering if the same bacteria is the cause? I don't have a regular Dr yet because we just moved here 2 months ago so I don't really have anyone to call for advise. I'm a little concerned because I have 2 toddlers that I stay home with during the day and even though they have received the Hib vaccine I'm nervous they could get sick. Hib can be very dangerous to children and can lead to meningitis.
Does anyone know anything about this bacteria? And how did I get it in my vagina to begin with?
Help!

Anna
Hi.. I was wondering about this.. I am doing the same thing you did then and my baby is sick with what seems to be the flu and so am I... I can barely talk at times and we have both been sick for a good week with really bad runny noses and I have had diarrhea and my son has been throwing up. I havent took him to the dr's cuz I thought it may just be a cold. We have been givin him medicine but it doesnt seem to be making him any better. I have a discharge also. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
(female)

annafcolbrie HB User
Re: haemophilus influenza bacteria found in vagina

I'm sorry you guys are sick!
I don't really have any helpful advice. It's such a long time ago this happened so I had forgot about it . I do remember that I got some kind of antibiotic for the vaginal infection and I don't know if the sore throat was related to that. I never went to the Dr but I wasn't sick very long or I would have. None of my kids or DH got sick
I hope you feel better soon!

Closed Thread