It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

shmal HB User
Has anyone had Cystocele repair & pubvaginal sling surgery?

I came from the Dr.s today and they strongly recomend that I have this cystocele repair w/pubvaginal sling operation.I'm 34 yrs. old and don't want to make my current situation worse then it is already.None of my friends have had anything like this and I don't know who else to ask. Any info would be great......Thanks.

Old 09-29-2004, 07:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User
Re: Has anyone had Cystocele repair & pubvaginal sling surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmal
I came from the Dr.s today and they strongly recomend that I have this cystocele repair w/pubvaginal sling operation.I'm 34 yrs. old and don't want to make my current situation worse then it is already.None of my friends have had anything like this and I don't know who else to ask. Any info would be great......Thanks.
What is that and why would a female need this procedure? I have to admit I've never heard of this either. Sorry, But I would like to know.

Last edited by cocoeyes; 09-29-2004 at 07:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2004, 06:58 PM   #3
(female)

shmal HB User

The reason a female would need this surgery ,cystocele repair, is because the bladder is prolapseing down & out the vagina .The dr. "tacks" the bladder to the vaginal wall then does this pubvaginal sling surgery that basically uses tissue from either a cadaver or pig and anchors the bladder and urethra in place to prevent them from moving all about.It seems that because of the cystocele I'm having bladder trouble not incontinence so much but rather alot of urine retention thats breaking down into urea (or the basic ammonia waste ) and then causing complications "down"below.Plus the idea of my inards "falling" out is most unappealing.(Sorry about the poor spelling)Hope that gives you a basic answer to what this all about.

Old 09-30-2004, 07:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmal
The reason a female would need this surgery ,cystocele repair, is because the bladder is prolapseing down & out the vagina .The dr. "tacks" the bladder to the vaginal wall then does this pubvaginal sling surgery that basically uses tissue from either a cadaver or pig and anchors the bladder and urethra in place to prevent them from moving all about.It seems that because of the cystocele I'm having bladder trouble not incontinence so much but rather alot of urine retention thats breaking down into urea (or the basic ammonia waste ) and then causing complications "down"below.Plus the idea of my inards "falling" out is most unappealing.(Sorry about the poor spelling)Hope that gives you a basic answer to what this all about.
OKay, I know what you are talking about... I never knew the term for that sort of thing happening. I hear that happens after giving birth sometimes to. I don't know too much about it but I will research up on it.

Keep your head up and stay up on what your doctors wants for you.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:33 AM   #5

cuddlekat1 HB User

Hi Im new here but I just had the surgery 4 weeks ago. I had all the above except they removed my uterus, as I didnt need it anymore as I already have six kids. Having so many kids took a toll on my body, I couldnt even have sex anymore without peeing all over the place. I also didnt enjoy sex anymore as the doc. said he built everything back up. S o I actually am excited to find out how enjoyable sex is again. Good luck to you.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #6
(female)

shmal HB User

thanks for the input.Since i put this post on I went to the gyno (the other dr. was the urologist)And it was concluded that a total hyster.with the cystocele and rectocele repair was imminent.So I'll be going next Tues. for surgery.Just out of cureosity(?) how is your healing going?I'm sur w/6 children it has been very difficult....How soon after surgery were you able to get up and go about some of your daily things??Also, did you find that you had any problem w/urination after surgery..Anything else you might have to sat would also be great....Hope recovery continues for you....

Old 10-26-2004, 07:39 AM   #7

cuddlekat1 HB User

I did have a problem in the hospital when they took the cathiter out my whole left side had swelled badly, really was a freak thing and scared me to death. The gastro had put a hole in my bladder which leaked into my adominim. I had to keep ice on me fo 12 hours a 25lb. bag and it went down. I also had to come home with the cathiter in so the hole in the bladder would heal. My ob said he never had seen anything like it before and he had done 1000 of these surgeries with the gasto. Anyway the healing thing is that you do feel real good within a couple weeks but its very important not to lift much weight for like 3 months or you can mess up what work they do, also my ob would like to see me not have sex for 7-8 weeks cause it can tear done his repairs. I dont know about you but I didnt enjoy sex all that much before the surgery he said what he has done should make a huge difference. Good luck, if you have anymore questions please dont hesitate to ask. Oh also everyone says I should look into a lawyer about what the gastro had done, Im not sure what to do.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #8
(female)

cc33 HB User

Hello, I am now post op 8 days from my surgery. I had the sling for the cystocele, mesh for the rectocele, and a total hysterectomy. The hysterectomy was done as an LSH (laparascopically), which is awesome. No huge incision to deal with. However; I too had my bladder torn during the surgery and 8 days later I still have a catheter in. He repaired the hole in my bladder with a cadaver patch. I go on Monday to have a test done to see if the bladder is healed so I can have this freakin thing removed. I have also been told by an attorney who is my boss to seek legal counsil for the bladder damage. Wish me luck. Oh and the healing process for me is horrible, I am in alot of pain down there and have contractions in my crotch area quite a bit. Very, very sore. How are you doing after the surgery?

Closed Thread