It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 08:41 PM   #1
Inactive

joe28paws HB User
Exclamation I have a question maybe someone can answer?

Hi,

I am 34 years old and I don't ever want children and can't stand having periods, well, I think I am going through, perimenopause.

The question that I am about to ask is, Is there a doctor that will tie my tubes to do something so that I can't have children and won't have anymore periods.

Could I tell a doctor that I am depressed and will consider killing myself for them to do this.

My life is so miserable I can't stand this any longer, I have been taking birth control pills every day of my life since I was 18 years old, I am sick of that and all.

Is there any thing any one can tell me or give me some advice what to do?

I just wish it would all end, AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!.

Thanks for reading my post and understanding that I am an insane person.

Joe

Old 10-24-2004, 11:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: I have a question maybe someone can answer?

I am sorry to hear of your frustration. You should check the menopause section of the healthboard. Ladies with perimenopause and menopause talk on it. They have recommended a book by Dr. John Lee, called "What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause". In it you will find out what you can do to treat perimenopause symptoms. Anxiety is one of them. After reading about what can happen to you once menopause hits, you may want to keep your periods. Read the book and become informed about what your body is going through and how you can help yourself. Remember you are not alone, so check out the menopause section of health boards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 07:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User

You can get your tubes tied...it is your choice. Discuss it with your doctor. Just make sure you don't want to have children if you go through with a hsyterectomy or anything.

Last edited by Rms11; 10-25-2004 at 07:37 PM.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Getting your tubes tied and having a hysterectomy are totally different.

Having your tubes tied will prevent you from getting pregnant, but it will do nothing to affect your periods.

There are methods of birth control now that enable you to only have a few periods a year. Also, many women who use the DepoProvera shot completely stop having periods.

Discuss this with your doc, and good luck.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:27 PM   #5
Inactive

renae HB User

I'm so sorry to hear the way you are feeling! You know though, birth control pills CAN cause depression---especially if you are predisposed to it. I'd get off of them if I were you. Sometimes it's a matter of finding the right one for you because I know when I first went on them years ago, I noticed that my moods changed so drastically! My doctor switched me to another one and then another until we found one that was o.k. But in your case, I'd get off of them altogether and see how you are once you are no longer on hormones. Even the insert of BC pills says they should not be taken by women with a history of depression.

May I suggest something else? There is a new sterilization method which was approved this past April called Essure. It is non-surgical but is permanent. Women who want to have children or think they may want them some day are not candidates for this. It won't stop your periods but I guess what I'm thinking is that your depression could be from the hormones in your pills---if you've been on them since you were 18, you may not know the difference anymore. I'd talk to you doctor about it--maybe you could do that--go off of the pills, get the Essure procedure done and see how you do. If after awhile, you aren't feeling any better, perhaps having more surgery would still be an option.

If you'd like more information on the Essure procedure, just type the name in a search engine. I'd like to have it done but they none of the doctors in my area have been trained on it yet.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:46 PM   #6
Inactive

joe28paws HB User
Talking Re: I have a question maybe someone can answer?

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your response, but I definitely think that Renae has the best information that I can use.

I think I will look up about the Essure, I don't want kids and if I do that then I don't have to take birth control pills.

It would actually be weird for me not to take birth control, as every morning for the past 17 years I have been taking it.

Thanks so much for all of the info.

Joe

Old 09-14-2005, 05:19 AM   #7
(female)

Spike64 HB User

I feel your pain! I've been on them since I was 17 and now I'm 41. Same exact feelings and fall out you are experiencing. So furstrated I just stopped take the darn pills and set a date for the Essure procedure in Oct. I'll let you know what happens.

Closed Thread