It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2004, 11:13 AM   #1

jennbwicked HB User
Finally A Bv Cure! Bacterial Vaginosis

l hav had b.v. a million times over the years, it just kept coming back. l tried it all, b.v. has caused me more grief than i can describe..i was so sick of taking medicine and trying things that dont seem to kill it for good! so i am more happy than i can tell u women to share a couple things that i hope can cure u of this! i had luck with boric acid inserted vaginally. now remember ladies, if u are having unprotected sex with a guy who's semen is altering the ph balance inside your vagina, u WILL keep getting it. the ph imbalance is what makes it possible for bv to breed in the first place. people blame this on everything from diet to soaps or the type of panties u wear. i personally dont feel like changing my whole diet, shower regime, etc. so, without further hesitation...

bee propolis- insert capsule vaginally for a few days.
bee propolis is effective against several strains of resistant bacteria.

mesosilver- i did EXTENSIVE research, this is one of few true colloidal silver solutions, u get alot for a low price. this will not cause the reaction where your skin turns gray/blue! this is proven to wipe out the bacteria in b.v., also yeast infections. u can try taking it internally ( it's effective against MANY viral,bacterial,fungal, infections.) or wet a tampon with it, insert and leave overnight.

please tell me if u have success with either of these, ladies! good luck!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to jennbwicked:
YoungWoman (07-30-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to jennbwicked For This Useful Post:
shavanna00 (12-08-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
(female)

ibtara86 HB User
Re: Finally A Bv Cure! Bacterial Vaginosis

My boyfriend and I are TTC and so he ejaculates inside of me which I think is causing me to have a Bacterial Vaginosis. Looking for help also!

Last edited by ibtara86; 10-28-2004 at 07:12 PM.

Old 10-28-2004, 07:27 PM   #3

blubby HB User

sorry to be ignorant.. but what is TTC?

Old 10-28-2004, 07:39 PM   #4
(female)

ibtara86 HB User

Sorry, it means trying to conceive.. :-) Trying to have a baby. Your not ignorant you just didn't know. Its okay.

Old 10-28-2004, 08:32 PM   #5

blubby HB User

OH!!! lol I even did a search on Google and couldnt find it! Thanks for the insight

Old 11-01-2004, 02:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User

What are the symptoms of BV? I've always been under the impression that I am very prone to yeast infections (which I am), but this EXTREME itchiness has been going on way too long and often starts up again VERY shortly after using a YI treatment. It is so itchy I can't help but scratch, though I try very hard to resist for as long as possible. Then I can't stand it anymore and I scratch it raw until it becomes painful. It's very red and looks very dry, but it's not. Please help! At my last physical I mentioned to my doctor that I am always itchy and use a veterinary cream (corticosteroid, antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory) on the areas that itch. He said that was okay (to use the cream). There's also a human form of this cream, but I don't remember what it's called. I've found it to be very helpful, but not a permanent "cure".

Last edited by Alex6657; 11-01-2004 at 02:59 AM.

Old 11-01-2004, 04:45 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User

Does it have to be inserted vaginally? I don't like putting anything inside unless it's my boyfriend or something to treat a yeast infection. lol

I saw some online for some vitamins.

Old 11-10-2004, 05:32 PM   #8

shellym HB User

I have been trying to get rid of BV for ages now thanks for the tip. I am sure my husbands sperm is reinfecting me the whole time, so will it work even though i will continue to have sex with him, i have not allowed him near me for a few days now and he is going insane but i am so afraid of getting it again.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:44 PM   #9
(female)

Colleen04 HB User

Shellym...I have reacurring BV infections as well! So i know what you are going through. Have you ever had your husband treated with BV medication as well? I had my boyfriend treated and I'm going on 4 months infection free. I don't know if thats the reason I have not had one yet, but it's worth a shot. Maybe his sperm keeps infecting you because he is infected as well. Maybe you already have had him treated, but if not just thought I'd throw a suggestion out there! Good luck!! I know how frustrating it is!

Old 12-09-2004, 08:34 PM   #10
(female)

effleuragebykim HB User
??????????

Last edited by effleuragebykim; 06-14-2006 at 07:15 AM.

Old 12-10-2004, 04:41 AM   #11

Maggie0410 HB User

Where can I get this bee propolis capsules? And is it really ok to take them? (just making sure)
I am also on melatonin, amatriptyline and thyroxine- is that ok?

Old 12-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User

Well I'm happy to say I finally found out what was wrong in my case. I just have a dermatitis in that area. I got the "people" version of that cream. It's called Viaderm-KC (triamcinolone acetonide/neomycin). It's a corticosteroid, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal cream. It's good for any kind of itchiness. For me this cream is a God-send! Even if there is an infection (yeast or bacteria) it will still be okay to use this cream.

Old 12-10-2004, 05:27 PM   #13
Inactive

Dream0n83 HB User

My mom went to her doctor today reguarding BV and the doctor didnt prescribe her anything this time. they told her regular yogurt on a tampon works about as good at the meds they give?! Who woulda thought anyone heard of this?

Old 12-11-2004, 08:24 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User

Yes, I have. It works for yeast infections also. I was told to fill an empty tampon applicator with plain yogurt and put it in the freezer to harden then insert it before bed. I never tried it, but I know someone who did.

Old 12-30-2004, 04:13 AM   #15
(female)

Dianna66 HB User

There has got to be an alternative to the 'yogurt freezer-pop ' cure!

That just sounds a bit too chilly to me!

Closed Thread