It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2004, 05:00 AM   #1
(female)

Azarae HB User
Persistent ovary pain?

I went to the E.R. about 2 months ago with severe pain in my lower left ovary "region". It had gone on for 3 days, hurt to sit, stand, heaven forbid I walk...but a little pressure(just a little) on the area seemed to help some.

Needless to say the E.R. Dr. was a snot She refused to do an ultrasound or x-ray & told me she didn't believe in giving pain meds(I never asked for any)....then had me given an IV with morphine so I could have a pelvic without "discomfort"???

She couldn't tell anything from the pelvic & they lost all my labs when I checked back.

Since then I've had recurring pain in that area several times a week. It's a deep, almost sharp kind of pain(wakes me up from a dead sleep). I also never renewed my Depo Provera shot in June & haven't had a period since if that makes a difference...& no chance of being pregnant either.

Anyone else have months of pain from ovarian cysts? It seems they can't do anything for them if it is?? I hate going in for pain & being treated like a pill-head, I've never even asked for pain pills at a Dr. office, only for them to figure out the source of the pain!! I guess it must be an "issue" here.

Karla

Last edited by Azarae; 11-03-2004 at 05:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User
Re: Persistent ovary pain?

I had an ovarian cyst rupture and it caused the worst pain of my life. I would go to the doctor and demand an ultra sound or cat scan. If your cyst is ruptured of twisted it is very serious. Often cysts won't cause pain unless they are ruptured or twisted. My cyst ruputered into one of my blood vessels and I start to hemorage. If I didn't go to the E.R. I could have bled to death. Make sure they do all the tests on you to find out the source of pain. They took my cyst out laprascopically and it was the size of a grape fruit. They put on my bc pills to prevent this happening again. Also they could give you bc pills to try and shrink the cyst. Good luck with everything!

Last edited by Rms11; 11-03-2004 at 12:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread