It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2004, 04:29 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Nausea and pelvic pain NOT due to pregnancy

I've been feeling pelvic pain for almost 2 months now; it began on the left side, then went away and came back worse. Then it began on the right side, and now I feel it constantly on both sides.

The pain is not bad enough to interfere with daily activities, but it's still annoying. Sometimes the pain will burn too.

I began to feel a bit queasy about 2 weeks ago; last Sunday I dry heaved twice in the morning, and my nausea has gotten slightly worse in the past 2 days. I have not vomited, but the nausea bats my appetite down (not that I'm complaining seeing as I need to lose the 9 pounds I gained from birth control and steroids). The nausea is not severe - I have felt MUCH worse.

Everyone and their mother has asked me if I'm pregnant, even my own mom. Apparently she doesn't trust me. But I'm still a virgin, and if my boyfriend wants to touch me I always make him wash his hands first, though 98% of the time it is unnecessary because he has never ejaculated in his hands.

If it helps at all I have been having normal periods, with unbearable cramps on the first day of my cycle; I find it strange that I don't get cramps any other day of my period O.o

Soooooo...if I'm not sexually active and not pregnant, what could be causing me this pain and nausea?

Could my yeast infection have gone to a higher degree after being left untreated for over 8 months despite signs of recovery from it?

My stats:

Sex: Female (no kidding ^-^)
Weight: 137
History of reproductive problems: Yeast or bacterial infection
Sexual status: Virgin
Menstrual problems: Horribly painful cramps that interfere with concentration (have had these for over a year), hot flashes followed by sweating and chills, dizziness, nausea, vomiting (rarely).
Current Medications: Prevacid (just finished today), Biaxin (an antibiotic for a sinus infection), birth control - Tri Cyclen LO, Clairitin (to fight a possible allergic reaction to antibiotics), Motrin IB (for pelvic pain, but does not help), Tylenol Sinus (for sinus headaches), Pepto-Bismal and/or Mylanta and/or Tums (to combat nausea to no avail).

Don't know if my stats help, but maybe so.

A final note on the painful menstrual cramps: In 2003 I missed my period for 4 months for NO reason...I wasn't on medications or birth control or under stress or undergoing a diet change. When I got it in June I experienced those unbearable pains. I have never experienced cramping at all before this.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, because the pain is really getting on my nerves.

Dark Stranger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2004, 05:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User
Re: Nausea and pelvic pain NOT due to pregnancy

It could be ovarian cysts. Especially if you have missed periods lately. The nausea could be from the birth control pills?
Sounds like you should see a gyn (assuming you haven't already). They don't necessarily have to do a pelvic exam at your age. They could do an abdominal ultrasound and blood tests. You might look for a gyn who also does pediatric gynecology since they have a bit more experience with virgins. My sister had a very good experience with that kind of doctor.

Old 11-05-2004, 06:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Nope, haven't missed any periods, although I feel extreme pain during the first day as I'd mentioned. Also I have been on birth control for over 2 months, so why would I be getting sick right now?

I guess I can wait and see if it goes away because I'm not in excruciating pain.

Dark Stranger

Old 11-05-2004, 01:22 PM   #4

kermitjmb HB User
Post Re: Nausea and pelvic pain NOT due to pregnancy

You need to see a gyn you have some symptoms that sound like endometriosis. There are some threads on this page about endo, they may anwer some of your questions. Painful periods are not normal. Good luck.

Old 11-05-2004, 04:33 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

I looked around on the internet and, to be honest, endometriosis was and still is my first guess. I also read that one of its symptoms is severe menstrual cramping...and that made me wonder...

I missed my period for 4 months last year for no reason, and when I got it again is when I got the terrible cramps. Could I have possibly had endo for this long with only one single symptom? I'm not sure just how long it lasts, or if it even goes away.

Don't know if this is a sign, but about the time my pelvic pain started I began to notice that my vaginal discharge went from semi-clear to a light tan or yellow color. At first I thought it might have been urine tainting it when I wipe, but it's not. I have a good feeling that this is not normal either.

And my birth control does not help my cramps either O.o

Dark Stranger

Closed Thread