It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2004, 12:09 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Lumps inside breasts and fluid-filled "pimples" on nipples

Probably overreacting, but what the heck...I've been posting topic upon topic about numerous potential health conditions so what's one more?

A while back I noticed these little shiny bumps on my nipples, surrounding the tips (I don't know if those are the areolas or what...). I passed them off, until tonight. After looking at them again, I tried to pop them, and sure enough they popped, releasing a clear fluid. Some of them bled a teeny tiny bit after draining them.

Even though it's probably not necessary for a 17-year-old girl, I still do the routine breast exams, and I've noticed that there seem to be a lot of little lumps in my breasts, particularly around where the nipple is. I'm assuming they are milk ducts? But I've also felt a large lumpy mass in both breasts closer to the chest than the nipple. I don't know if this is just "breast mass" or something more.

And with some major pressure I get a discharge from my nipples...a white pus-like discharge.

Breast problems do not run in my family, but I'm wondering if this is something to be concerned about.

I know my breasts have grown a bit since I started birth control abut 2 and a half months ago...but I don't know if that is a contributing factor to the lumpiness in my breasts or not, or the "pimples".

And there's a darkened spot on each areola that is slightly raised up...don't know if that's of any significance.

Note: My breasts are not sore (well, right now they are from all the squeezing ), although they seem a little more vulnerable to the cold, in which case they tingle a bit...well...a bit more than usual.

Similar experiences, anyone? I only wonder if this should be a concern or if it's all birth control-related.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2004, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Re: Lumps inside breasts and fluid-filled "pimples" on nipples

are you sure you are not pg? i have that right now and i am 20 weeks. it could be the pill because that cause hormonal changes. i have the bumps in the breast, like little raisins as the doc said--- which in my case is normal.

the areola is the darker colored skin that your nipple sits in the middle of.

i have read some of your other threads and i would sure get to the bottom of all of this ASAP!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2004, 09:02 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Yes I'm pretty confident I'm not pregnant, and even if I was I wouldn't be far along...I didn't start doing anything semi-physical with my boyfriend until around mid-August, so even if there was even the tiniest chance that I was, the absolute farthest along I could possibly be is a little less than 3 months.

Also I've had my periods as scheduled, although I noticed the last one I had seemed to last a little longer than usual, and a lot of the blood came out in clots.

I figure that any changes in my breasts might be due only to the pill, because I know with an increase in pregnancy hormones, a woman will feel the symptoms of pregnancy in the first few months of use, except for maybe the urge to frequently urinate (which I don't have).

Well...about the location of those "lumps" - they are surrounding the point of each nipple, mostly on the top.

I've been very cautious despite birth control, looking for possible tip-offs, especially breast changes. And while they have grown a bit, I've noticed the nipples have not darkened at all, but they look a bit bigger....to fit my growing breasts I assume.

Unless I'm one of those very rare cases that gets a period during pregnancy or it was immaculate conception, then I'd say I can most definitely rule out pregnancy as a cause. Granted, those lumps could have been there the whole time and I just noticed them when becoming semi-intimate and also paranoid. They aren't huge, but I can still see them. Should I try to drain these via squeezing or lancing?

Could it possibly be an infection?

Dark Stranger

Old 11-06-2004, 09:17 AM   #4

kuterbob12 HB User

i dont know about the pimples but i have felt little masses in my gf breasts before

So if u find out anything let me know

Old 11-06-2004, 09:40 AM   #5

Hikari HB User

its absolutely normal to have lumpy breasts... That's how breasts should be, especially when you are young. That's what any gyno should tell you.

Old 11-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Well that makes me feel good, knowing the lumpiness is normal...but what about the little pimple things? Are they normal?

Old 11-06-2004, 11:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Greenoctopus18 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Stranger
Well that makes me feel good, knowing the lumpiness is normal...but what about the little pimple things? Are they normal?

Hi. Yes. Lumpiness is normal at certain points in your cycle and is why you should perform your breast examination the week after your period, which is when they are not lumpy. That is my understanding anyway.
It is good to get into the habit of doing a breast examination at your age. People can get breast cancer early in their twenties, maybe younger.

The 'pimple' things I am not completely sure where you are talking about, but I suggest you stop squeezing them.
If they are on the areola (the darker circle around your nipple), not on the nipple I can tell you they're normal... well, at least I have them also and have had them longer than 9 months, so it can't be due to pregnancy. Although, when you are pregnant the number of them will increase. They are milk ducts or something... not sure.. But they are normal.

Reading all of your posts it seems that you are very paranoid about being pregnant, even though you seem so sure that you are not.
I have been in that position and it is not easy.
If you have been on the pill for 2.5 months and only 'semi-intimate' since then, I think you would know by now. The pill does cause many changes to occur, many of which do not help the paranoia.
Maybe I am just reading into things, but I know when I was worried (about pregnancy) I would search the internet, write into message boards, etc just to hear people tell me 'you are not pregnant'.
So, based on what I have read, I think you are just noticing things more than usual, and going through some changes due to the pill (one pill I was on I never stopped feeling nasueous - until I changed pills after 6 months).

Old 11-07-2004, 10:29 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Well I did some research and found out the little "pimples" are called Montgomery glands, and they enlarge in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, but since I couldn't be that far along even if I was pregnant, I tihnk I can rule out this possibility.

And I know I'm paranoid about being pregnant, and I'm extra cautious despite my 2 methods of contraception - the pill and absitnence. But when symptoms show up out of nowhere I worry a lot. Even now I worry because I'm nautious, have a yellowy vaginal discharge, and sore nipples (only the tips), which I know are all signs of pregnancy...I only hope the pill is causing me this misery.

But thanks for your help, everyone. I appreciate it greatly.

Closed Thread