It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2004, 10:26 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Painless lumps on nipples (among other weird things I've noticed)

Perhaps I'm paying too close attention to my breasts, but I still try to do the breast exam thing every so often, and I know I had posted before about "pimple-like" bumps around my nipples, which I found to be normal oil-secreting glands. But now I'm noticing changes, and I don't know if it's from hormones or not.

Yes, I now know the "pimples" are normal, but they seem to be much more noticeable on my right nipple, and are much larger and look to be more fluid-filled. They are present on the left one, but only in a very tiny area; must be my nipples are biased O.o

Also, I've noticed a lump on the top of each of my nipples, about 1/8 of an inch in diameter. They do not hurt; the one on the left was originally darker, but I squeezed it and blood came out; now they are the same color as the rest of my nipples. The one on my left nipple is in the same area as the isolated cluster of "pimples".

My nipples have been getting dry and cracking a bit too; the right one bled a little bit a couple of weeks ago when I accidentally picked off a sliver of dried skin.

I have no discharge...in fact, before I would occasionally squeeze the nipple and white discharge would come out, but now not even that comes out (not that I'm complaining). I am not experiencing, nor have I ever experienced, breast tenderness, pain, or growth. My nipples do not hurt, nor have they changed in color or size or shape (with the exception of the lumps).

And to answer this before anyone asks: I am not pregnant (unless it's immaculate conception ), and my periods have been normal. I am not known to go through any noticeable hormonal changes before or after my period.

I've been sitting here popping these lumps, releasing a clear fluid, which I'm assuming is oil, but now the lumps are bleeding...oh joy.

Breast problems do not run in my family either.

All that being said, can anyone point me down any particular path? Should I be concerned about these lumps and these "pimples"?

Or am I overreacting? (which is not uncommon for me)

Dark Stranger - pays far too close attention to her breasts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2004, 07:13 PM   #2

-T- HB User
Re: Painless lumps on nipples (among other weird things I've noticed)

Dark - The smallish pimples are oil secreating glands and in some women these pimples are larger than they are in others. There's a special name for the pimples but I cant remember. Brain fog!

Now about the discharge and bleeding from your nipples - you dont want to ignore this. Go to your chemist/pharmacist and buy some soothing, cool cream which may help with the cracked skin or try applying a water based lubricant like vaseline which will hopefully help with the cracking and dry skin.

As for the bleeding and milky discharge - this is something you need to see your doctor about. Bleeding and a milky discharge is not normal. Its usually down to a few things and the most commonest causes are its hormonal related or somekind of hormonal imbalance or you have an infection in your nipples. I have no idea how you got this so Im not much help in that way. But the bleeding from your nipples and the discharge must be sorted out by your doctor and tell him about the large lumps that are bleeding. Try not to scratch your nipples or pop any more spots, it may make things worse.

Good luck at the doctors.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
(female)

UNdscovrdCCRETS HB User

I would definently discontinue popping the beums because, although it has not been proven, cancer is said to be caused from constant irritation. And that is definently irritation!

Old 12-16-2004, 10:04 PM   #4

Zerberbaby HB User

I have the same type of bumps with a thick white discharge, my ob/gyn was not concerned...he said they were normal and the discharge was a hormone thing.

But he did ask me if they ever bled...this to me means you should see someone, even if just to make sure. You don't say your age, but a mammogram would not be a bad idea, if just for a baseline.

The "old wives remedy" for dry, cracked nipples is A&D ointment (in the baby supply aisle). Worked like a charm when I was breast feeding and if it had not been for that, I would never have been able to keep nursing my son.

Get to the doc, and get some A&D ointment...it feels great and it doesn't smell bad or have anything to irritate in it.

Closed Thread