It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2004, 12:56 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Foul-smelling yellow discharge, accompanied by itching

I noticed a change in my vaginal discharge a while ago...it went from being its normal consistency and color to a thick snot-like golden yellow (looked the same color as my urine) with an unpleasantly pungent smell.

Then it suddenly changed one day, to a very watery white fluid. But then again, I got my period a week later, so I attribute my body's hormonal changes to the white discharge.

But now the icky yellow has returned, with the most horrid odor I've ever had the displeasure of smelling, and the amount of discharge has increased, to the point where I must wear a panty liner on a daily basis to keep it from staining.

I'm also experiencing some major itching in my genital area, both inside and out. I have broken the skin on the outside in a few places from itching.

I had some sort of a vaginal infection since February, but it seemed to recede and eventually disappear around September; I am almost positive it was a yeast infection.

Note: I am not sexually active, nor have I ever been, so I highly doubt this could be any kind of an STD.

Something tells me that the antibiotics I went off 3 weeks ago is not the culprit.

Does anyone have any clue what I might have?

Please do not hesitate to ask anything about my reproductive health, if you think it will help at all; I am not easily offended, so don't worry about being too personal or nosy ^-^

Dark Stranger - is falling apart O.O

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2004, 03:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MandyAnne26 HB User
Re: Foul-smelling yellow discharge, accompanied by itching

It sounds like a yeast infection. Either go to the doctor to make sure that is what it is. Or you can go to the pharmacy and pick up a kit. Get the kind with the internal and external medication. If you decide to just get the kit and it doesn't go away or comes back quickly than go see your doctor.

Old 11-27-2004, 07:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User

Sounds like Bacterial Vaginitis. Yeast infections have white discharge and do not have a foul smell ( they smell much like bread or yeast) Bacterial vaginosis is actually the most common vaginal infection in women of reproductive age. Bacterial vaginosis will often cause a foul smelling vaginal discharge . The bacterial infection results in a thin, gray-white to yellow discharge and a "musty" or "fishy" odor. Most women do not itch with BV but it is still possible. If it keeps up, I would def see a doctor to get whatever this is cleared up. Take care and Feel better

Old 11-27-2004, 07:06 PM   #4

-T- HB User

Aw you poor thing. I know how annoying and horrible this kind of this is. I agree with Rms. It sounds like Bacterial Vaginosis. I would go to your doctor hun and tell him or her your symptoms and have some medication to clear it all up. If it keeps reaccuring you should mention this to your doctor to.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:41 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I have read about bacterial vaginosis, and every source I've come over has said the disease is most common in sexually ative women; I haven't a clue why, though. O.o

But thanks you for your help, guys; I really do appreciate it. If ever I overcome my embarrassment and fear of a GYN exam, then I will get my patoot over to the hospital.

Dark Stranger - embarrassed

Old 11-28-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Stranger
I have read about bacterial vaginosis, and every source I've come over has said the disease is most common in sexually ative women; I haven't a clue why, though. O.o

But thanks you for your help, guys; I really do appreciate it. If ever I overcome my embarrassment and fear of a GYN exam, then I will get my patoot over to the hospital.

Dark Stranger - embarrassed

It is mainly common in sexually active women because sex can change the normal bacteria in the vagina and make them out of balance. This is more common however with new sexual partners or multiple partners. Also, don't be afraid of the GYN exam...it is better to get checked now before any complications happen. BV really shouldn't go on treated as it can lead to more serious problems. The GYN exam is really not that bad and it is quite quick. Don't be embrassed, it's their job...they chose the profession and they look at people all day long, its a science to them.
Take care!

Old 11-28-2004, 04:20 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rms11
It is mainly common in sexually active women because sex can change the normal bacteria in the vagina and make them out of balance.
When you say this, Rms11, do you mean that the presence of semen can cause BV? Or simply the physical action involved?

Quote:
This is more common however with new sexual partners or multiple partners.
Hmm...well, what can you say about a virgin? That's why I'm so confused about this O.o

Dark Stranger - itching

Old 11-28-2004, 04:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User

Bacterial vaginosis is actually the most common vaginal infection in women of reproductive age, you do not have to be sexually active to get it. I thought you meant that you thought you were getting it from having sexual intercourse. I am not really sure what the deal is and why it happens more common in sexually active women but I think it is because bacteria can spread from man to woman, also bacteria that maybe on the outside of the vagina or anus can be brought into the vagina, this bacteria will upset the natural good bacteria in the vagina. When I was younger and a virgin I got bacterial vaginitis a few times, my doctor told me it was because bacteria from my other end was getting into my vagina, I guess I was wiping too quickly. There are many reasons for getting it such as using tampons, douching, using feminine deodorants. Hope this helps you a little bit darker stranger. I know its frustrating having an infection down there. Take care!

Old 11-29-2004, 06:08 AM   #9
(female)

Sugar64 HB User

This is all great information, thanks very much. I'm bumping this up. As far as BV, I'm sure I must've had this before without even knowing it. It just seems to be going off and on, and now that I think of it, it could be due to any of the reasons listed above. Very frustrating.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
(female)

namiss123 HB User

Oh my goodnesss!!!! Everything you have described im experiencing right now! Did you ever find out what it really was?!?! After I have my period i have all of those symptoms for like a week or two then it goes away.. Then after my period comes its back!!

Closed Thread